• Evra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berbatov

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I don't think a high pressure FA Cup semi final is the best time to give him his 1st start. In fact, I don't think he will start a match this season. Should make a good fair few sub appearances thought.
I think it will depends on the training, although i say that the Tevez - Rooney partnership will be that which is used on Saturday, Macheda proved he is not afraid of killing the game off under pressure, we depended on his late sub appearances these last 2 matches, when we were drawing with the opponents - the pressure which holds that speaks for itself.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
- Foster -
- Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
- Ronaldo - Scholes - Anderson - Nani-
- Rooney* - Tevez -​

* if not available, i'll opt for Macheda. To be honest, ahead of this clash i would prefer Macheda to start, and it looks like there are doubts about Rooney's availability, personally i don't want to see Berbatov-Tevez partnership, would want the boy to start and show us glimpses of his talent.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I think at this stage you guys need to limit Macheda to appearances off the bench. At the moment it's all about putting as little pressure on him as possible and building and maintaining confidence. If he starts and has an average game (which, with Jagielka marking him could easily happen), it might take his development back a few steps.

Sure, if he does well then it will be an amazing boost for him, but I think it's too big a risk. He hasn't started a game yet and an FA Cup Semi Final is hardly the place to do it.
I believe that working on his confidence did not start 2 weeks ago after his debut goal - To step up another level and have some minutes under his belt was already a massive boost for the lad, and Fergie was not going to take that risk if he wasn't sure of his state, both physically and mentally. Its all up to Fergie himself now, i am not saying that he should put him with the first 11 if he sees he's not ready yet, but if he shows great signs, then i say yes, why not. Ferguson has already showed faith in the lad, it goes back before that Aston Villa match. And so, he knows him more than enough.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I like how he combined experience with young talent, its a risky line up, it is, but i'm confident - individually we have field out a very good team, now we'll have to watch out how they'll do together.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.