Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Utd have been linked with Fabian Delph at Leeds for a few months, and reported in the press as having made a bid for him (turned down by Leeds), but on the official Leeds website Delph was removed yesterday from their squad list. Looks like he was sold last night. Who to? Is he at Carrington today???? or has he gone to Arsenal, hope not, dut also doubt Arsenal will be spending big money on a future talent when they dont have much money to spend and desperately need to strngthen their fist 11.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fabian Delph has gone!

Eagle eyed Vital Leeds member 8ballali has been quick to notice today that Fabian Delph is no longer part of the squad on the Leeds United official website.

Could this just be an administrative error or has the club already sold the highly sort after midfielder?

The 19 year old has been linked with a number of Premiership clubs since breaking onto the scene for Leeds this season, which has also included him winning his first England under 21 cap.

Manchester United head the list with the rumours being that they have offered £10 million and the loan of two players for the rest of this season.
Arsenal are rumoured to be interested and offering around £6 million, whilst other clubs including Portsmouth, Sunderland, Newcastle, Fulham and Manchester City have also been named.

Ken Bates has been adamant that the youngster is not for sale at any price, with Leeds promotion push faltering badly over the last few months maybe Bates is already planning for another season in league one?

The next few days could be very interesting!
Source: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=138948

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
What's he like as a player? I've only seen very brief clips of him, what are his strengths and weaknesses etc? Who is he similar too?

Would be great if someone could enlighten me:)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd be surprised if he didn't move in the summer, he'll probably join City :rolleyes: they'll offer him like 200 k a week with a million pound bonus when he scores :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richie said:
What's he like as a player? I've only seen very brief clips of him, what are his strengths and weaknesses etc? Who is he similar too?

Would be great if someone could enlighten me:)
Put it this way, Sir Alex referred to him as having potential to be the next Paul Scholes - praise doesnt come higher than that!!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Just wond player of month for second time this year...

we need to snap this lad up quick...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I honestly think the best thing for all parties with this lad is to let him continue to develop until he is of a premiership standard, then let him play for Fulham or someone until he is really United quality then buy him off them.

The worst thing he could do is play for our reserves and not reach his potential.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
I honestly think the best thing for all parties with this lad is to let him continue to develop until he is of a premiership standard, then let him play for Fulham or someone until he is really United quality then buy him off them.

The worst thing he could do is play for our reserves and not reach his potential.
i don't agree .
if the lad is good enough buy him now , i don't see the logic in letting him go to somewhere like fulham until he is united quality.
his value will have increased by then and whatever club he is playing for will want a kings ransom when they see united coming.
we have made that mistake before , we could have saved millions on ferdinand , carrick and berbatov if we had moved earlier , we could even have gotten joe cole for 6mil.

i don't know too much about fabian delph , but like any player if hes good enough why wait.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If he is that good then we should buy him in the summer. He can then practise with Scholes and when Paul retires then i think Delph is ready and take over.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
How about we don't sign the Leeds twat, who drives while he's drunk? Maybe a loan and if he makes the grade sign him, but after all, he's never even been in the Championship.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
How about we don't sign the Leeds twat, who drives while he's drunk? Maybe a loan and if he makes the grade sign him, but after all, he's never even been in the Championship.
Hes actually a Bradford lad, who was poached from Bradford City, and is not a twat, hes a good down to earth lad...

So how about you don't judge a book by its cover

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I mentioned this in a previous post that although he looks like a promising player, he has not played above League One so £10m could be quite a substantial amount. Having said that though, Wazza cost us about £30m and look what he's become today :) Though he had at least a season's experience in the Premiership....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts