Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
This lad needs buying, seriously, we can't let him slip through the net like so many other talents...

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
This lad needs buying, seriously, we can't let him slip through the net like so many other talents...
I watched the leicester v leeds match on Monday, he wasn't that good imo. Granted it was only one game against the leaders.

He had a pretty good chance to put leeds 1-0 up as well but hit his shot at the keeper.

·
16,031 Posts
I watched the leicester v leeds match on Monday, he wasn't that good imo. Granted it was only one game against the leaders.

He had a pretty good chance to put leeds 1-0 up as well but hit his shot at the keeper.
Over the course of the season, the lad has looked quality, definitely top-4 calibre...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Over the course of the season, the lad has looked quality, definitely top-4 calibre...
you have to put that into context though. The opposition he is up against are usually piss poor. His team are piss poor too so he shines in comparison to the rest of them.

Lets not forget that at west brom, Richardson seemed amazing. He came back to united and was anything but.

·
16,031 Posts
you have to put that into context though. The opposition he is up against are usually piss poor. His team are piss poor too so he shines in comparison to the rest of them.

Lets not forget that at west brom, Richardson seemed amazing. He came back to united and was anything but.
Completely different, we saw Richardson at United, and knew he wasn't worth keeping...

Delph picks out passes and has incredibly accurate shooting for a young lad...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Completely different, we saw Richardson at United, and knew he wasn't worth keeping...

Delph picks out passes and has incredibly accurate shooting for a young lad...
yeah i know, we actually had richardson at united so we knew his level.

What im trying to say is, if we forget his career at united before the west brom loan, you would think he is shit hot based on that season. He wasnt though, just a medium sized fish in a small bowl.

Delph may turn out to be good though, he won the young player of the league or something like that and a lot of teams are chasing him. Who knows? you see a lot of kids being hyped up.

·
16,031 Posts
yeah i know, we actually had richardson at united so we knew his level.

What im trying to say is, if we forget his career at united before the west brom loan, you would think he is shit hot based on that season. He wasnt though, just a medium sized fish in a small bowl.

Delph may turn out to be good though, he won the young player of the league or something like that and a lot of teams are chasing him. Who knows? you see a lot of kids being hyped up.
I knew about Delph when i was 15, i was at a nearby school, he was 12 and everyone was screaming about how amazing he was, he was playing at the older age group, and our team didn't want to play them, simply because of him...

He went to Tong school, just down the road from my school...

Its more than that, the kid has it about him, like Walcott did at Saints, or Ramsey at Cardiff

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Why are people getting carried away about Delph, he's playing for Leeds in Division 1 against piss poor players FFS.. Any young lad who has pace and is decent enough on the ball could look brillant..
He's still young and is doing quite well but he needs to saty at Leeds for atleast another year..
I see Walcott was mentioned there, yeah how long did it take him to look any good in the PL? He's still not that great of a player either.. Ramsey? He's hardly played for Arsenal and won't play all that regularly for another 2 years.. Leave Delph at Leeds, he's too young..
Remember Liam Miller at Celtic when we signed him? Just an example of signing a young player for a big club too early in his career..!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Why are people getting carried away about Delph, he's playing for Leeds in Division 1 against piss poor players FFS.. Any young lad who has pace and is decent enough on the ball could look brillant..
He's still young and is doing quite well but he needs to saty at Leeds for atleast another year..
I see Walcott was mentioned there, yeah how long did it take him to look any good in the PL? He's still not that great of a player either.. Ramsey? He's hardly played for Arsenal and won't play all that regularly for another 2 years.. Leave Delph at Leeds, he's too young..
Remember Liam Miller at Celtic when we signed him? Just an example of signing a young player for a big club too early in his career..!
Walcott was only 16 when arsenal signed him. ramsey was 17 when he shined with cardiff last season. but delph is 18 already. i say, sign him and play him in the league cup next season and also bring him along with the first team squad to pre-season friendlies. he will benefit more from this than playing regular football at league one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think he definately needs to be snapped up quickly because playing against better opposition will ensure that he progresses;)

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
I've seen Delph play a couple of times and he's pretty sh!t hot. My mate is a (dirty) Leeds fan and occasionally drags me to the pub and submits me to 90 minutes of torture. In all fairness he watches all the Utd games with me and I've even got him singing along, particularly to the Park song, lol.

Anyway:

Leeds Utd Refuse Two Bids For Prodigy Fabian Delph - Man Utd, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton & Fulham Linked

Leeds United have reportedly rejected two bids from Premiership clubs for England Under-21 international midfielder Fabian Delph.

The 19-year-old’s future has been the source of intense speculation within the last year following sparkling displays for the Elland Road side.

The left-sided player had been heavily linked with a £6million to Aston Villa, according to the Press Association. In addition, the Whites had denied that he had been the subject of a rejected bid from Premiership rivals Everton, back in June.

Delph has only just recently agreed a new four-year deal in a bid to stave off speculation and to confirm his intentions of staying put.

However, the Football League’s Young Player of the Year remains a much sought-after prospect, having been linked with a string of Premiership clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Fulham.

Leeds United chairman Ken Bates has insisted, despite the clubs desperate position in the football league, that they are not looking to cash in on the player.

Leeds Utd Refuse Two Bids For Prodigy Fabian Delph - Man Utd, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton & Fulham Linked | Premiership Latest

Unlikely we are still looking at him but he would be a good signing

21 - 33 of 33 Posts