Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Evra now suspended, surely Fab will get a game or two during the busy christmas period. Sure, Fergie won't be able to stick with JOS for the whole period, especially when the Stoke, Boro, Southampton, CC cup semi are all within 10 days of each othet.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If hes ready, he'll get a chance.

His injury may have postponed things to an extent though imo, and I'm not sure if hes still injured or not.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If he's back then I would love to see him get a chance. If he starts anyway similar
to his brother then he'll be brilliant. John O'Shea will be solid though. Would be
amazing to see the twins play at the same time as our full backs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Fabio is back in training now and will feature over the xmas period at some point

(just heard SAF say this on sky sports news) ;)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
O'Sheas crap, and is a liability. A **** up waiting to happen. Like Silvestre was.

However, there isn't anyone else.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Stephen said:
O'Sheas crap, and is a liability. A **** up waiting to happen. Like Silvestre was.

I'll grant you O'Shea is not auperstar, or even a star for that matter - BUT, he is
reasonable and he accepts his role as a squad player. We can't have superstars at every position, let alone as back-ups.

And SAF seems to like him, I will bow to his expertise....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Stephen said:

Agree O'Shea is not my ideal replacement but i'd have 100 times over mister
potato head Silvestre. Best bit of business in 10 years was us getting money out
of Arsenal for him!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
And I was warning for this in the summer to strengthen the squad at these positions rather then wasting 30 millions on one player.

O'Shea can replace Evra for a game but 4 back to back games we're going to suffer a lot....too much.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Evans and O'Shea will both be more than able to cover for Evra.... we wont have that spark Evra had going forward but Sheasy and Evans will up to the task defence wise!!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
O'Shea might not be brilliant but he's experienced and you can rely to cover for Evra and do a decent job. I really hope Fabio shines. He'll be raring to go, after seeing his other half get al the praise so far.
Thats the great thing about having twin brothers at the same club, both of em will be competing with each other to see who is better.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Was very impressed with him today. It definately looked like he is the more technical, but less explosive of the two.

A very good debut IMO. Shame he got injured.

·
Registered
542 Posts
very impressive!!! imaagine fabio and rafael both goin down wings. defenders better watch out. seariously looks very promisiing.

fabio looks more technical and wiser. rafael looks like hes more faster and agile.

but both very talented very similar

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Well, he's no Gabby Heinze, but could well be another Evra. He impressed going forward, and he already seems to have established a relationship with Ronaldo, they linked up well.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts