Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
forzaunited said:
very impressive!!! imaagine fabio and rafael both goin down wings. defenders better watch out. seariously looks very promisiing.

fabio looks more technical and wiser. rafael looks like hes more faster and agile.

but both very talented very similar
Yep. Possebon said Rafael is more explosive while Fabio is more technical and influential in that he controls the left side.

I was very impressed. I really hope he gets some more games this season.

Fabio + Nani
Ronaldo + Rafael

Imagine all that latin flair!

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
He's great - was really impressed hopefully wont be out for long, cant wait to have one on each flank

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
To be honest, he wasnt tested in defending today. So I'll wait to jump for joy over his game till he play against professional opponents and not just some spuds.
But going forward he looked like an exact copy of his bro. Interesting prospect for sure.

·
Registered
542 Posts
spellbound said:
To be honest, he wasnt tested in defending today. So I'll wait to jump for joy over his game till he play against professional opponents and not just some spuds.
But going forward he looked like an exact copy of his bro. Interesting prospect for sure.
wow you underestimate spurs, they have got great attacking players i thought he delt with that preety well in the time he had

i agree hes similar to his brother... imagine them 2 both playing??!! can't wait

BTW when everyone is back from injury... what will o'shea do? hes gonna be forgotten with all the talent we have
i know hes utility player and that but when u have so much talent in asquad is there any point... no offense to o shea hes been legend. but seariosuly how is he gonna compete?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
great performance for Fabio today. I was looking a lot after him on the pitch today. He did great for his debut. Looks though like he'll be out for at least 2 weeks. Too bad..:(

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What a future we have. Ronaldo,Rooney,Anderson,Nani,Welbeck,Fabio,Rafael,Petrucci,Macheda,Ra'vel Morrison etc...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Thought he was magnificent today, for his first competitive game in goodness knows how long, he was brilliant, skillful, his decision making was spot on, he knew when to release the ball and who too, and won a lot of tackles and seemed sound positionally too. I'm so excited to have him and Rafael on the team for years to come.

Such a shame he got injured he would have got a few games at the moment.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Get well soon Fabio! Can't wait to see more of him...he should defo start the League Cup final with his brother on the other side (if both fit of course)

·
23,699 Posts
Very encouraging indeed for his senior debut. Seems to be more thoughtful and weighted than Rafael but agree with Spellbound that he was not really tested defensively.

Btw thought the way to differentiate the brothers is by complexion? Fabio seems to have a clearer complexion than Rafael? :p

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Nothing phases these twins. I love watching them both play! Fabio keeps the ball better from what i've seen!!! I love 'em both been honest... great to see young players make this impact!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
i hope to see more of both this season and next. Im sure fergie will continue to blood them whether off the bench/ fa-cup/ or anything else whenever the chance is possible. Both look very promising. I wonder what future fergie sees for fabio.

Rafael is clearly a right back in the works but fabio is right footed playing left back. Maybe fergie will be tempted to push him up sometime because he seems very good with his feet and awareness. Hopefully for now though atleast, fergie is not tempted to do anything and let him progress as a leftback and get minutes behind him and develop as a footballer!

Excited about the potential to be honest and whats comforting is that he is playing second fiddle to in my opinion, the best left back in europe and he is only 18. :cool:

pz!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Fabio had a great game while he was on the pitch pity he went off with a bit of an injury hope its not much, but he did look quality while he was on him and his brother are looking like great future players.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
*phew*

A balanced voice of reason!

I thought it was a very good debut. He looked good going forward without being caught ut at the back, but like Spellbound says, let's wait to see how he does againt some of the trickier wingers in the EPL, before we get too excited.

forza - Spurs might have some good attacking players, but they weren't looking sharp tonight and Fabio had it pretty easy.

Someone needs to teach him how land from a fall though ..... maybe some judo lessons?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
spellbound said:

Im not sure marking Bentley is a easy job !

He played well and it was his attacking play that was pinning Bentley back . So you theory is nonsense to play your debut and keep a quality player pinned back is very good.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Look impressive today and how gutted did he look at the injury,the poor lad.I hope he doesnt have Louis Saha syndrome!! Would be awesome to see the duo on the flanks ,bombing around destroying defenses!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
with both of them think its just about giving them time and space to develop their game in the premiership, which is different to the natural brasilian way of playing.
in time sure they will both be major assets and they are at the one club who know how to bring youngsters through and turn them into men

·
Registered
312 Posts
Fabio

I remember some time ago when I was reading this forum, there was a debate about which Da Silva twin was married. I was just watching Paddy Crerand show in Malta and they confirmed that Fabio is the married one.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts