Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm just wondering is he injured at the moment? If not why did we not give him a run out at Upton Park?

I mean if we give Rafael a chance according to reports Fabio is either equal or better, I think he should have been on the pitch.

Of course if he's injured then I take that back. It's just a shame he's not getting games with all respect to O'Shea.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Does anyone think we could turn him into a left sided midfielder cuz he can apparently play there too, and with Nani not up to scratch and Park not having enough end product could he be a solution with Giggs getting on and moving in field.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RED till i DIE said:
Does anyone think we could turn him into a left sided midfielder cuz he can apparently play there too, and with Nani not up to scratch and Park not having enough end product could he be a solution with Giggs getting on and moving in field.
They mentioned that Fabio and Rafael have both played as wingers at youth International level. Apparently Fabio was the more successful of the 2 in terms of goals scored.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
like the look of both of them so far from what we have seen...should develop into good players, maybe great ones if they knuckle down and learn the game

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
This is gonna sound ridiculous, but whatever. In the one game I saw Fabio, he was outstanding. He looks very composed and mature, aswell as making good decisions in his runs and defending - unlike Rafael. Even after seeing just 1 game, I'd still prefer him to be ahead of John O'Shea and be 2nd choice.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
This is gonna sound ridiculous, but whatever. In the one game I saw Fabio, he was outstanding. He looks very composed and mature, aswell as making good decisions in his runs and defending - unlike Rafael. Even after seeing just 1 game, I'd still prefer him to be ahead of John O'Shea and be 2nd choice.
Yeah I'd like him to get the nod a few times ahead of John O'Shea aswell. But all in good time I suppose.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Anyways back to the subject ..
These Da Silva twins, i believe they`re Gods gift .. they`re class, and considering they`re both only 18 .. wow especially that Rafael, but of course, we haven`t seen enough of Fabio, and they say he is even better !

If they will be able to keep this goin, they`ve got a gem of a career ahead of them.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
Well ..
There`s always Rafael ;)
If you end up getting hitched to Rafael could you get him to steal some stuff out of Scholes locker & post them to me?

Seriously, gym socks, underwear, shin guard I really don't care.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Rochdale 1 United 4: Fantastic Fábio fires Reds into LSC semis

Rochdale 1 United 4: Fantastic Fábio fires Reds into LSC semis United Youth

United’s reserve side roared into the semi-finals of the Lancashire Senior Cup this afternoon after resoundingly beating Rochdale 4-1 at Spotland. The defending champions took a while to find their feet and fell behind early on to a Joe Reidy header, but that goal only served to spark the Reds into life as Fábio da Silva well and truly took centre-stage. When the little Brazilian left-back missed a penalty he had won shortly after the home side’s opener, he could have been forgiven for letting his head drop…. instead, he went and scored a hattrick, two predatory finishes from close range book-ending a sublime volley after some breathtaking build-up play. When Danny Welbeck made it four before the hour mark it looked like Ole Solskjaer’s side could rack up a cricket score, only some fine goalkeeping and wasteful finishing keeping the scoreline vaguely respectable for the home team as United booked a semi-final date with Preston North End.

Full report to follow…

UNITED
1. Ron-Robert Zieler
2. Richard Eckersley
3. Fábio da Silva (15. Robbie Brady 60)
4. Corry Evans (c)
5. Oliver Gill
6. Rodrigo Possebon (14. Danny Drinkwater 46)
7. Magnus Eikrem
8. Antonio Bryan (16. Cameron Stewart 68)
9. Federico Macheda
10. Danny Welbeck
11. Jimmy Derbyshire

Subs not used
12. Matt James
13. Ben Amos

Referee: Dean Mohareb

Rochdale: Russell (Taberner 46), Bowyer, Brizzell, Byrne, Brown, Evans, Higginbotham, McCready, McEvilly, Dagnall (Sherriff 85), Reidy (Brown 68).
Unused subs: Mallion, Buckley.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I wonder what position will fabio play for united as he grows. At the time when united play spurs and we had ronaldo and fabio on the left, he looked fantastic at left back for one performance and was more mature than rafael but he looked very gifted in terms of technique too. I wondered at the time whether fergie would consider pushing him into midfield while i hoping he would let him carry on at left back but who knows, i just would like to see moreof him to be honest. Hopofully they can keep him fit for starters.

Immense finds in todays day and age are the da silva twins...i hope!

pz! :cool:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Wow, what a game from Fabio. I noticed before the match that he was starting on the left-wing and wondered how he would perform.

To be on the pitch for only 60 minutes and score 3 and earn a penalty (and to recover from missing that penalty) is really quite astonishing.

Those Da Silva twins look like amazing prospects. As OG says it'll be interesting to see whether they develop into wing-backs or wingers...since they're Brazilian probably both!!!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts