Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas rules out 'suicidal' Manchester City move

Cesc Fabregas says he is happy at Arsenal and that it would be "suicidal" to even consider joining big-spending Premier League rivals Manchester City.

City were the subject of a £210 million takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group on Monday, the same day that they recruited Brazil international Robinho from Real Madrid for a club-record £32.4m and the club have subsequently been linked with a whole host of other top internationals, including Ruud van Nistelrooy, Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gianluigi Buffon.

However, midfield player Fabregas, 21, has vowed to remain in north London for the foreseeable future at least and reject any overtures that may happen to come his way from the City of Manchester stadium

"It would be suicidal for my career at my 21 years of age to move to City," said Fabregas, who is currently away on international duty with the European champions Spain. "It would make no sense."

Meanwhile, City executive chairman Garry Cook has said that manager Mark Hughes will retain full control of all footballing matters at the club.

"Mark talks about moving the club forward and we could not have a better vehicle for doing that," he said.

"We should not forget that the club has moved forward considerably over the last two years, and he is excited to be in this position, every manager would like to be in that position.

"He has made it quite clear to everybody outside the club that he runs the football side of the business, and he is anticipating nothing changing from that.

"There is no reason for that to change, he is far more knowledgeable about football than all of us!"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/2694240/Arsenals-Cesc-Fabregas-rules-out-suicidal-Manchester-City-move---Football.html

The list of NO THANKS to the baby blue is getting longer ....

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
yeah many players are turning Citteh down
but not all

it would be hard for citteh to buy top players from the same league
but Citteh can easily sign good players from the La Liga where the footballers care about money first

January = Citteh Splashing Cash in Sunny Spain :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abojodeh said:
yeah many players are turning Citteh down
but not all

it would be hard for citteh to buy top players from the same league
but Citteh can easily sign good players from the La Liga where the footballers care about money first
January = Citteh Splashing Cash in Sunny Spain :D
Is that why one Champions League winning player were talking about a dream move to a Spanish club?:cool:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
spellbound said:
very much agree with that and i also think it will get longer
the problem is with these world class players ciddy want 'THERE ALREADY AT WORLD CLASS CLUBS' and im doubting many are going to want to leave for a midside table team which only has a rich owner

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Citteh owners are idiots
look at Abramovic he splashed cash on a good players in decent leagues (Drogba)
they can't sign topstars from top leagues

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
Well...yeah...but

isnt it just common sense to reject a move to baby blue?:cool:
Good point. I think its just the curly hair, and how cool the name "Cesc" sounds. Plus, I love Spain. And that mullet! :D :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
they wont be able to coax many A grade world class players with serious ambition to Citeh... but I would be worried they could get the likes of Benzema and Aguero.. we'll see how the Citeh drama unfolds!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Benzema? Aguero? nah. i doubt so. Plus, it will be City's own undoing if they get rid of players like Johnson, who have potential.

Greed can cause one's own downfall.

But still, its interesting to see small club outbidding chelsea. :p

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
well realistically the only players they'll be able to get who are anything near to world class are young players with bags of potential! Thats what Chelsea did, they bought Essien, Mikel, J Cole, Wright Phillips etc.. not world class but had a chance of becoming world class, Chelsea arent really able to compete with the established A class players on the same scale as Madrid and as us to a lesser extent.. we tend to buy young also!

So if Citeh are gonna flaunt this cash.. it will be for the likes of Lyons latest talent cos they're not going to get Kaka, Ronaldo or Messi!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
eoininho said:
they wont be able to coax many A grade world class players with serious ambition to Citeh... but I would be worried they could get the likes of Benzema and Aguero.. we'll see how the Citeh drama unfolds!
tough being right all the time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts