Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else thinks that Fabregas is overrated. He has been absolute shit this season and doesnt influence the games enough for me. A couple of years ago a lot of people, myself included were calling him one of the best midfielders in the world. I heard a few people classing him above Stevie Gee. During the summer I was wondering why he wasnt in Spains first team but now I realise that Xavi, Senna and Iniesta are better players.

This may be a knee-jerk reaction but what do yous think

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jaysus Christ :rolleyes:
Another over-rated thread.
The lad is a class act, one of the best midfielders in the world.
He just had a shit game tonight. Happens to the best of 'em.

I know he is a great player but he has been over-rated by me included. I thought he was the best midfielder in the world which he clearly is not. I know he's young but he is still over rated

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I know he is a great player but he has been over-rated by me included. I thought he was the best midfielder in the world which he clearly is not. I know he's young but he is still over rated
He isn't the best. Xavi and Inniesta and even Senna usually get picked ahead of him for Spain.
Gerrard and Essien are better than him also. Still a great player though and only 21 or so.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
fab is a good player.. since he has come back has set up nearly every arsenal goal and every adebayor goal it seems like.. his passing is mint and is young yet thats why he dont get picked for spain. rather go with experience but in 3 years time he will be in the starting line-up

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
He's a class act. The only area he's lacking in is speed/dribbling ability. His passing is world class.

He scores every now & again. Top player. Although clearly Xavi & Iniesta are better at the moment.

I don't think you over rated him, he just needs time. Wait for him to grow into his role.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
iniesta>>>fabregas, however i think fabregas is more of a natural successor to xavi than anything else. Xavi with his experience and years of playing and winning things with barcelona puts him ahead of fabregas in the spai team and rightly so because he is a little better and has much more experience but fabregas is still a top player. He'll have his time as a regular in the spain team soon enough. He wont however be replacing iniesta who is just class! :D

pz!:cool:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Overrated just because we outclassed him in both legs? I don`t think you can judge a player on 2 matches basis. Ronaldo never used to make top performances against big teams, but we never said he's overrated, obviously.

Fabregas is a top midfielder, he brings great balls upfront and he`s very effective and important to Arsenal. One shouldn't forget his top performances with Spain neither. His class shouldn't be doubted, even now.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
he has been an abolute shit this season?

well I suppose the 3 months out of action had nothing to do with it

btw he was lass before the injury and played a big role in their revival

people really do forget easily

mark my words - next season , or even this, after fletcher for example fails to impress in the way he impressed last night, i bet that there will be few "fletcher is overrated" threads/statements

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He's a very good player, not world class. And yes he's over-rated IMO. Had a good start to the last years season TBF.

I'd have Stephen Ireland in my team before Cesc, and Ireland didn't even win YPOTY.

He's very much over-reated.........but he's a very good player.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Fabregas hasnt been the same player ever since Hleb and Flamini were sold. These three compliment each other well last season and to me Hleb and Flamini helps to make Fabby the player he was. This season, often he found himself lacking of support and more often found trying hard to do things himself. Its a mistake for Wenger to let Hleb especially to leave cause given more time, his parnership with Fabregas could be deadly. He is a great player no doubt but its down to the people he plays with too. Until Wenger find him a proper playmaker that can help his game..i see him wasted staying with Arsenal really.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.