Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas has stressed that he is happy at Arsenal amid interest from Real Madrid chairman Ramon Calderon...

Calderon, who has overseen back-to-back La Liga titles in his first two years at the helm of los Blancos, has long held an admiration for Fabregas, along with Milan's Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United, and Arjen Robben, whom he bought from Chelsea this summer.

The rest of his targets seem very much unattainable for the time being. While he acknowledges that, when asked by the media about the players, he cannot help but lavish praise on them and express his desire for them to join him and his side at the Santiago Bernabeu.

He once again stated just two days ago that Fabregas - who recently won the Professional Footballers' Association's Young Player of the Year award for the second time - is the best in the world "in his position", and that the moment he is looking to leave the club, he will be eager to bring him to Madrid.

These comments deeply upset Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who hit back at the Bernabeu supremo yesterday, branding his behaviour "disrespectful" and "unacceptable".

Fabregas has now moved to emphasise that he is happy at the Emirates and with Arsenal, though much of that appears to be contingent on Arsene Wenger's involvement with the club, whom Fabregas describes as something of a father figure.

"I am young and happy at Arsenal," smiled Cesc. "I regard them as one of the biggest clubs and Wenger is like a father to me on the pitch."

Wenger signed Fabregas from Real Madrid's bitter rivals Barcelona when he was just 16 years of age, and has since eased him into the Gunners' first team, where since the departure of Thierry Henry - to Barcelona, funnily enough - Fabregas has arguably become their key player.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts