Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Warning!!! Just thought i would make a notice of this regrding facebook, Beaware of all the widget application tools, Used to hack people's pc's & also hacker's install hidden malicious software that can be very destructive & kill your hard-drive, My daughter's laptop suffered the same consequeces, she went on facebook & within weeks of installing most of the widget tools her hard-drive died, i had all the best protection (avg anti-virus, webroot spysweeper, window's xp sp2 firewall) but all failed to prevent this, a few other people i know suffered the same consequence's, some member's might already be facebook member's & had no trouble as of yet, install facebook but please be carefull of the widget application tools, Just use google to see if anything is posted on the net regarding this

I think there was something on the news not so long ago mentioning hacker's using these widget tool applications to recover people's private data

S

·
0 Posts
Not the first time i've heard things like that Dynamite,
cheers for the warning for other members.
There's a lot more to Facebook than a lot of people know about.

Facebook tracks users even when they're logged out, and without telling them
Submitted by lambert on Mon, 2007-12-03 22:35.

I bet the social network analysts handling domestic surveillance are really enthusiastic about this! AP:

Facebook has confirmed findings of a CA security researcher that the social-networking site’s Beacon ad service is more intrusive and stealthy than previously acknowledged, an admission that contradicts statements made previously by Facebook executives and representatives.
Stefan Berteau, senior research engineer at CA’s Threat Research Group, wrote in a note about Beacon’s until-then unknown ability to monitor logged-off users’ activities and send the data back to Facebook.

Users aren’t informed that data on their activities at these sites is flowing back to Facebook, nor given the option to block that information from being transmitted, according to Berteau.

Facebook can tie their activities on third-party Beacon sites directly to them, even if they’re logged off and have opted out of the broadcast.

Facebook’s admission over the weekend contradicts previous statements from the company regarding this issue. For example, in e-mail correspondence with Facebook’s privacy department, Berteau was told, among other things, that “as long as you are logged out of Facebook, no actions you have taken on other websites can be sent to Facebook.”

A similar statement was made by a high-ranking Facebook official in an interview with The New York Times published Thursday.

“If I buy tickets on Fandango, and decline to publish the purchase to my friends on Facebook, does Facebook still receive the information about my purchase?,” a Times reporter asked Chamath Palihapitiya, Facebook’s vice president of product marketing and operations at Facebook

“Absolutely not. One of the things we are still trying to do is dispel a lot of misinformation that is being propagated unnecessarily,” Palihapitiya replied.

Well, it’s all very simple.

“Absolutely not” means “Yes, definitely!”

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hmmmmm...interesting stuff.

im sad and use facebook aswell...been thinking of deleting it for a while now.
this(dynamite and sal's posts) has made my mind up....

Z

·
0 Posts
ManUtd08 said:
facebook suck!
I'm so glad you took the time to formulate an intelligent
response and then be so courteous as to post it here to
give us all the pleasure of reading it. Please continue to
give us an insight into your obviously well educated mind
so that some of your wit and knowledge may just rub off
on us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm so glad you took the time to formulate an intelligent
response and then be so courteous as to post it here to
give us all the pleasure of reading it. Please continue to
give us an insight into your obviously well educated mind
so that some of your wit and knowledge may just rub off
on us.
Lmao :D
I have a feeling he wont have a clue what your saying Z :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
The only thing that bugs me about Facebook is when I get a friend request from someone who knows who I am, has friends that I know but I don't have the faintest idea who they are!

Last week I was contacted by 2 girls who went to the same primary school as me and they both remember me but, even looking at their photos on Facebook, I haven't the foggiest who they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts