Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hendrix was once asked what it was like to be the best guitarist on the earth.
He said 'ask the young lad who plays in Cork'
referring to the one and only Rory Gallagher.
Check him out if you havent already done so.
he was another to die so young.....
Hendrix and Slash for me also...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Guitar heroes are many and either they are skillful and can play as many notes as you can name at the same time or they are not so brilliant when it comes to taking chords but they create something new.

My heroes are to name a few Robert Johnson, Clapton and Mark Knopfler for his unique style.
I can throw in a dark horse: Cliff Burton, he did on his bass stuff heroes of today cant even do in their computers.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Hendrix was once asked what it was like to be the best guitarist on the earth.
He said 'ask the young lad who plays in Cork'
referring to the one and only Rory Gallagher.
Check him out if you havent already done so.
he was another to die so young.....
Hendrix and Slash for me also...
i thought it was clapton that he was referring to in that, had heard that story many times, probably just stupid americans botching up something else though ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
hmmmm.....

It's a good thing this thread is titled your favourite / best guitarist.

I fully respect people's opinion on their favourites, but urge caution about naming a musician "best" because I think it should be genre-specific.

Clapton might be one of the better blues guitarist, but he woudln't even be mentioned in the heavy metal category.

My fave guitarists are

Top 3
Brian May
Jimmy Page
Jimmy Hendrix

The other faves:
Mike Einziger
Joe Satriani
Stone Gossard
Slash
Eddie van Halen

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
RedForceRising said:
hmmmm.....

It's a good thing this thread is titled your favourite / best guitarist.

I fully respect people's opinion on their favourites, but urge caution about naming a musician "best" because I think it should be genre-specific.

Clapton might be one of the better blues guitarist, but he woudln't even be mentioned in the heavy metal category.
Another dimention to this would be guitar heroes who influence their successors and all skillful fender-benders who rotten in recording studios and dont get to be seen in the spotlights. There's a lot of them hidden away just playing on others albums.

So its like talking about your favourite pizza. Nothing is wrong, its just a matter of taste.:)

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
rory gallagher
jimi hendrix
joe satriani
prince
jean jaques burnel for a bit of bass .

anyone doubting prince as a guitarist should listen to for you .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
Another dimention to this would be guitar heroes who influence their successors and all skillful fender-benders who rotten in recording studios and dont get to be seen in the spotlights. There's a lot of them hidden away just playing on others albums.

So its like talking about your favourite pizza. Nothing is wrong, its just a matter of taste.:)

Amen to that!

Nail-hit-hammer-the-head! :D

haggler said:
rory gallagher
jimi hendrix
joe satriani
prince
jean jaques burnel for a bit of bass .

anyone doubting prince as a guitarist should listen to for you .

I don't question TAFKAP's finger skills (have you seen his birds?!?) but I question his guitar!

Quite honestly it looks like dog ****. It looks like a sexual toy the Greeks used during Plato's time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts