Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our awful 2-2 draw with Porto at home what do you think will happen in the 2nd leg, surely United won't get knocked out, we are better than Porto and should've beaten them at our home ground, The 2nd leg against Porto is going to be very hard to win, especially if we go 1-0 down and i can see that happening.... Looks like the 1-4 defeat to Liverpool has destoyed us.
What do you think will happen, will United win or Porto.

:first: Let's go UNITED :D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
We are Man Utd, we always do things the hard way, but we will go into the Lions den, where no English team has ever won, win. As long as our defending is miles better than it was, wed can take them apart.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I realy don't like to give predictions so i'll just say i'm realy pesimsitic and say that we have already lost the qualification here, at Old Trafford. There's a lot to do at the team, and 1 week isn't enough.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I don't think there will be alot in it. I think we would be lucky to win 1-0 the way we're playing. Porto like to counter attack so we would want to be careful when we are in search of goals. We have to score though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
After our awful 2-2 draw with Porto at home what do you think will happen in the 2nd leg, surely United won't get knocked out, we are better than Porto and should've beaten them at our home ground, The 2nd leg against Porto is going to be very hard to win, especially if we go 1-0 down and i can see that happening.... Looks like the 1-4 defeat to Liverpool has destoyed us.
What do you think will happen, will United win or Porto.

:first: Let's go UNITED :D
If I was a neutral then I would not be optimistic. Then again in football who knows. If you had said to me two months ago that United would be shipping goals for fun and playing so poorly I would have laughed at you. If you had told me two months ago that Benitez would be looking the business whilst Fergie would be struggling to instill some confidence I would have fainted. It wasn't that long ago we were singing "Rafa's cracking up " !!! So right now I think there's no way that we can come back in this tie. We are just playing too s***. But then again this being football.......................?

·
Registered
850 Posts
honestly i'm not very optimistic about the game in portugal...tonight i was with one mate he is also man united fan and we were talking at the half-time and we came to a conclusion that we must win this game and 2-2 or something like that would be very bad for us and while i was watching tha game and i saw tha tevez's goal i was so happy becauze i thought that we'll win but this mistake was unforgiveable...after the game with liverpool we were literally crashed...before the game with liverpool our defence were the best in the Premiere league ...and now our defence is really,really poor so if SAF doesn't do something about that till next game with porto i can't see us wining because all the facts and traditions are against us....but i still hope that we'll be back to our best form and start wining again because if we dont do this we may lose the the CL and the Premier league too...

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It will take a bloody miracle with the way our defence is playing , schoolboy errors all over the park.
But in football you just never know , it will be the hardest away game we have had in years .
Its amazing we always tend to lose our defence at this time of the year , i remember ac milan away and we had a makeshift back four and got battered.
Still we live in hope i will let my heart rule my head and say 2.1 to united , i cannot for the life of me see us keeping a clean sheet

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i can't see utd being so pathetic in the return game and if we play with 2 or even 3 men up front we should certainly score .utds passing and defending was really poor last night and if we can improve on both then we can still beat porto , their goalkeeper looks like an accident waiting to happen and if we keep him busy i reckon utd will progress .

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Juve 99 springs to mind when I think about the way this tie stands at 'half-time'. We will have chances to score next week. The important thing is we take them and cut out the error's at the back.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Juve 99 springs to mind when I think about the way this tie stands at 'half-time'. We will have chances to score next week. The important thing is we take them and cut out the error's at the back.
i was waiting for someone to come up with this coment, 99 was a different class they were magnificient thats why they did the treble , this team is not capable of a performance like that.
But i hope you are right i have spent loads on my flight and tickets and will be gutted if we get dumped

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i was waiting for someone to come up with this coment, 99 was a different class they were magnificient thats why they did the treble , this team is not capable of a performance like that.
But i hope you are right i have spent loads on my flight and tickets and will be gutted if we get dumped
I was only comparing the situation, I agree fully the team of 99 was something else:thumbsup:

Fair play for shelling tho Stretty, hopefully its another night to remember:D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm very worried about the 2nd Leg now..:frown:
I'm going to keep faith in the team obviously, but the way we are playing of recent, then getting a win at Porto seems highly unlikely.. Ican't see us winning this game 1-0 for the simple fact that we will conceed against porto again, so i'm thinking we need to score atleast twice..
It's going to be so difficult because Porto are very good on the counter attack and i'm sure the team will have our hearts pounding in the last few minutes of the game..!

We haven't played well since the Inter game at the San Siro, where we done everything but score!
If we play like we did at the San Siro next week against Porto, but we take our chances when they come, then we can win the game..
There's no room for error now, come on United..!:)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Our defense doesn't look good. I can't see us having clean sheet after this game. We need to score at least two goals to have any chance.

But I am very pessimistic after our last 3-4 games. And lets hope Berbatov will be ready for this game. We need a creative player who can make 1-2 tricks to escape from their defenders/I know he had some bad performances but I can't see any other player from the bench who could do the magic/. We just need to change something - Fergie pls make some changes /even if they are very risky. Give Macheda a chance if Berbatov is not fit/

1 - 20 of 78 Posts