Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Moved to football banter, this has nothing at all to do with Manchester United.

In answer to your question: leave them be - its supposedly a free country.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Fact. Glory hunters ??? Most at FCUM were supporting United in the 60s, 70s and 80s when United were going through shit patches, especially in the mid 70s in the second division.
Thank you, this is correct.

I support United but follow the FC United results with interest, I want to see them make the league proper!!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Some of the children on here think its a sin to support FC United when in actual fact its United fans with the strength of their convictions and the guts to follow it through. I wish them all the best, hope they make it BIG TIME and continue from strength to strength. Mostly its bravado talk, and they know sod all about football, let alone United. They have never known life outside a Ferguson, never known life below 4th in the Premiership and certainly never tasted defeat after defeat which was not all that long ago! When you have gone to Old Trafford, from the heartland of their bitter rival LFC, wearing the colours through said town, in the rain and the snow, endured the remarks cast in your direction to watch a team in the "old" second division - then thats a supporter - oh! was that me, of course it was!!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The great thing about debate is that not everyone agrees with everyone else, all the time. If we did it would be extremely boring. BUT, its possible to debate with name calling. Its called being grown up! Just because your opinion does not agree with someone else is not reason to slag another off, agree to disagree if you must but be more circumspect about it.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Personally I would like to see a section in football banter on FC United but NOT anywhere else as technically they are nothing to do with the club.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Carly, i think you have totaly the wrong ideas on FCUM the club and their supporters, They are still 100% UNITED, but just do not go to games etc. There is no way any of them would cause headaches for anyone here.
I am not suggesting an FCUM section for THEM, I am suggesting it might be good for US. I think its marvellous what they have done, two straight seasons, two straight championships (and a double) - good luck to them and it will be great if they make the league.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I do not think it will be all that bad actually. It is peripheral interest to United fans but interest nonetheless. In a manner of speaking it is a part of United life I suppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts