Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
ManchesterKid said:
Is that a promise? lol.

And barlog, I will definately do that. I will try to be more constructive from now on. Im just tired and in a really shitmood today.
Yep......you give me hard time and I stick my boot in your butt :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
782 Posts
ManchesterKid said:
Is that a promise? lol.

And barlog, I will definately do that. I will try to be more constructive from now on. Im just tired and in a really shitmood today.
It remembers me somebody, about 1 week earlier...in shitmood as well
You can guess..:)

G

·
Well, back from the game and what a game it was. Final score FCUM 5 Trafford 2.
A great advert for the game, standing, singing for 90+ minutes alongside 2,786 lovers of football. Atmosphere was out of this world, just like a cup tie used to be like.
Wont use this forum to try to promote FC United so if anyone wants links to anything to do with FCUM just ask and i'll do my best.

And Carly i never posted links or facts about the Gl*z*rs to change anyones mind but its great to read you have a little bit of a different view after reading a few facts. Knowledge is a great thing and its good that everyone has their own opinions, makes the world a more interesting place.

G

·
carlyluvsunited said:
Please dont be abusive like this - I think no need for this.....maybe BALROG is like me and doesn't understand about the FC United !!

Maybe it is nice if someone makes a thread to tell us all about this.

Salford Red explain many thing to me about The Glazer family so now I have many different views on this subject too - views I didn't have until he make clear things for me !!!

Be nice ok...................x
Maybe this will help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fc_united and if you need more info i'll be glad to get more in depth reading. ;)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Personally I would like to see a section in football banter on FC United but NOT anywhere else as technically they are nothing to do with the club.

G

·
Red Devil said:
Personally I would like to see a section in football banter on FC United but NOT anywhere else as technically they are nothing to do with the club.
Just rub the magic lamp 3 times and your wish shall be granted.:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Well, back from the game and what a game it was. Final score FCUM 5 Trafford 2.
A great advert for the game, standing, singing for 90+ minutes alongside 2,786 lovers of football. Atmosphere was out of this world, just like a cup tie used to be like.
Wont use this forum to try to promote FC United so if anyone wants links to anything to do with FCUM just ask and i'll do my best.

And Carly i never posted links or facts about the Gl*z*rs to change anyones mind but its great to read you have a little bit of a different view after reading a few facts. Knowledge is a great thing and its good that everyone has their own opinions, makes the world a more interesting place.

The game sounded great Salford Red. The atmosphere too sounded unbelievable.
I too would like to see a section on FC United. I feel like I should know more about them but tbh I dont know anything about them. Keep us updated on them if you can and I salute your passion for the FC.

G

·
FC UNITED of MANCHESTER, Thread.

FCUM played their first ever game in the FA Cup today. Match report below. Discuss all things related to FC United or ask for/post links in this thread only, no-where else on this board.

FC United debut success
Sunday, 02 September 2007.

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Preliminary Round
Saturday 2 September 2007
Winning clubs receive £1,000

FC United of Manchester have made a triumphant debut in The FA Cup by beating local rivals Trafford 5-2 in front of 2,500 at Altrincham’s Moss Lane ground.

The game proved to be an end-to-end affair as FC United – formed by Manchester United fans disgruntled when the Glazer family took control at Old Trafford - raced into an early two goal lead before Trafford hit back to level.

FC United took control in the second half, however, with Robert Nugent, Simon Carden, Joshua Howard, Nick Platt and Anthony Hargreaves scoring the goals that set up a meeting with Fleetwood in the second preliminary round.

And FC United manager Karl Marginson was delighted with his team’s performance: “We played so well,” said Marginson.

“The game was played in a great spirit and both teams were able to get the ball down and play, which made for a fantastic spectacle.

“There were some great goals and the fans have gone home having been royally entertained, so everyone is really happy at how the day has panned out.

“At the start it was almost like the old days of the FA Cup – there were fans with rosettes, cardboard cut-outs of the FA Cup and a really good attendance, which benefited both teams.

“Everyone at FC United of Manchester has waited two years since the club was formed to play in the FA Cup as so many people associated with us are former fans of Manchester United.

“I can definitely say it was worth the wait.”

And Marginson revealed history was about to repeat itself in the next round as FC United have been drawn to play Fleetwood – the team against which Newton Heath, who became Manchester United, made their FA Cup debut in 1896.

“It’s amazing that our second FA Cup game will be against the team that Manchester United made their debut against 111 years ago,” said Marginson.

“It will be a tough tie, but the spirit of the FA Cup is alive and well, and at non-league level that’s what it is all about.”

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/09/FACupP_SundayReview.htm

A new question to catch people out in quizzes.
Which is the only team never to have lost an FA Cup game ?
A/ FCUM . LOL.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Are you sure we couldnt have a FCUM section? It would sure bring alot more members and its relevant to Manchester United. It would be interesting and a positive idea to have it IMO.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Thats pretty mad that they play Fleetwood. What a coincidence.
Quick question for you: How many preliminary rounds are there before the Fa Cup proper (1st round) It would be great if they made it that far.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Justice said:
Are you sure we couldnt have a FCUM section? It would sure bring alot more members and its relevant to Manchester United. It would be interesting and a positive idea to have it IMO.
If it bring many new member from FCUM is this good ?

I dont think so.....they stay away from Old Trafford and Manchester United because they have big time problem with it all......so they come to this place and make big headache for us every game or every time anything happen!!!

I am sure FCUM have a forum of their own somewhere.....maybe go to join this if you like to.......

Salford Red has made thread for them here anyway so we can hear from people on this subject.......as long as it does not spread all over this place that will be no good I dont think :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Imagine this..........3rd round draw for the FA Cup......and the
dialogue (another new word :) ) goes like this.......

".......number 42"

"FC United of Manchester"

"versus...."

".......number 16"

"Manchester United"

*GASP*

·
Registered
91 Posts
agreed. I think its good to have a thread for fc united because it'll be interesting to watch their developement. But I reckon one thread is enough.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Quick question for you: How many preliminary rounds are there before the Fa Cup proper (1st round) It would be great if they made it that far.
the 3rd round is where the big teams enter

edit: what the **** am i talking about, havnt answered ur question at all lol

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
ManchesterKid said:
agreed. I think its good to have a thread for fc united because it'll be interesting to watch their developement. But I reckon one thread is enough.
.............well we cant stop them having this thread here if they chose to have it......but like Salford Red say when he start the thread - as long as it stay in the one place it will be nice to see how they get on - now someone will ask for a Liverpool thread but I think we kick their ass if they do :p

G

·
Jazz 16 said:

F.A cup steps and prize money as follows;

Extra Preliminary Round winners (65)
£500

Preliminary Round winners (198) ..Today
£1,000

First Round Qualifying winners (99)
£2,250

Second Round Qualifying winners (84)
£3,750

Third Round Qualifying winners (42)
£5,000

Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32)
£10,000

First Round Proper winners (40) Div 2 join( bring on Leeds, lol. ).
£12,500

Second Round Proper winners (20) Div 1 joins
£15,000

Third Round Proper winners (32) Prem and Championship join.
£50,000

Fourth Round Proper winners (16)
£75,000

Fifth Round Proper winners (
£150,000

Sixth Round Proper winners (4)
£400,000

Runners-Up (1)
£1,000,000

Winners (1)
£2,000,000

41 - 60 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.