Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC Zenith were fixing matches last season !!!

Serious spanish newspapers ABC have stated that the 2 members of the russian mafia who were caught in Spain confessed that had been fixing matches the last season in order to make FC Zenith winners of the UEFA CUP .According to the statements, they confessed that they had fixed the matches against Bayern and Rangers.
ABC says that the criminals were caught for drug abuse, but that their relations with Zenit makes it rather worrying. Allegedly the police were trailing phone calls of Gennadij Petrov, mafia boss and his right hand Leonid Khristoforov in which there were some conversations about fixing the macthes stated above.
Although it is yet to be confirmed, the same source says that the spanish police started investigation in order to check the russians statements about fixing those matches.

ABC are the third biggest newspapers in Spain and they are sold in 250 000 copies daily

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Well well well...the dirty buggers! IF this is true,then they should be stripped of the title and banned from all European competitions for 100 years so i never have to see the dirty scoundrels again.If not,then its a great tabloid story!!

·
Banned
292 Posts
CROoney said:
Serious spanish newspapers ABC have stated that the 2 members of the russian mafia who were caught in Spain confessed that had been fixing matches the last season in order to make FC Zenith winners of the UEFA CUP .According to the statements, they confessed that they had fixed the matches against Bayern and Rangers.
ABC says that the criminals were caught for drug abuse, but that their relations with Zenit makes it rather worrying. Allegedly the police were trailing phone calls of Gennadij Petrov, mafia boss and his right hand Leonid Khristoforov in which there were some conversations about fixing the macthes stated above.
Although it is yet to be confirmed, the same source says that the spanish police started investigation in order to check the russians statements about fixing those matches.

ABC are the third biggest newspapers in Spain and they are sold in 250 000 copies daily
The Sun newspaper is the biggest selling newspaper in Britain but it is still a garbage paper that completely makes up stories on a daily basis so I would not take much notice of how much this Spanish newspaper is selling if I were you. We have seen the rubbish that can come out of the Spanish media with the lies that were printed in the Marca newspaper every single day during the transfer window so I would not believe this story at all until there is something official. I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in the Uefa Cup and they won the tournament fair and square playing some magnificent passing football.

The only eye brow raising result in the Uefa Cup involving Zenit last season was the way they hammered Bayern Munich. I think it would be impossible to bribe a huge club like Bayern to throw a match, could you really see the likes of Van Bommel Ribery and Klose going out to lose a game of football. It is impossible that they bribed the referee's against Bayern because there star striker Pogrebnyak was given a ridiculous yellow card in the second leg which he didn't deserve which led to him missing the final. If you watched the Uefa Cup Final you would see that Rangers gave everything they had but could not live with Zenit, I did not see any bias from the referee in favour of Zenit at all in the final.

So in conclusion I do not believe this story, Zenit St Petersburg have deserved there success thanks to some of the best passing and attacking football I have seen in my time watching football and it should not be clouded by these rumours.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I watched most of there Uefa cup matches last season and none of them looked suspicious. I dont believe it but its still a good story.

If it is true Rangers could be Uefa Cup Champions... ha

·
Registered
199 Posts
I dont believe a word of this.
After watching Zenit st petersberg vs Bayer Leverkusen I was impressed enough to tip them to win the competition. They didnt dissapoint and were very impressive against Bayern Munich and Rangers. When they won and subsequently Man Utd won the CL I actually said to a couple of my colleagues that they would give Man Utd a tough game in the super cup. Which, unfortunately, they did :S

Im not a Zenit fan or anything of the sort, but to say they didnt deserve success in the UEFA cup is just ridiculous.

And as a side poiny their star striker Pogrebnyak is seriously impressive, far better than Pavlyuchenko if you ask me.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Banana-rama said:
The Sun newspaper is the biggest selling newspaper in Britain but it is still a garbage paper that completely makes up stories on a daily basis so I would not take much notice of how much this Spanish newspaper is selling if I were you. We have seen the rubbish that can come out of the Spanish media with the lies that were printed in the Marca newspaper every single day during the transfer window so I would not believe this story at all until there is something official. I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in the Uefa Cup and they won the tournament fair and square playing some magnificent passing football.

The only eye brow raising result in the Uefa Cup involving Zenit last season was the way they hammered Bayern Munich. I think it would be impossible to bribe a huge club like Bayern to throw a match, could you really see the likes of Van Bommel Ribery and Klose going out to lose a game of football. It is impossible that they bribed the referee's against Bayern because there star striker Pogrebnyak was given a ridiculous yellow card in the second leg which he didn't deserve which led to him missing the final. If you watched the Uefa Cup Final you would see that Rangers gave everything they had but could not live with Zenit, I did not see any bias from the referee in favour of Zenit at all in the final.

So in conclusion I do not believe this story, Zenit St Petersburg have deserved there success thanks to some of the best passing and attacking football I have seen in my time watching football and it should not be clouded by these rumours.
I agree.

We don't know exactly what the match-fixing involves, whether it means the referee, the opposition players, etc. But none of the referees made very dodgy decisions from what I can recall.

And why on Earth would Bayern throw a European Semi-Final? And why would Rangers throw a European final?

Sorry, but I find this story a load of crap. Until their is any form of solid evidence, and full details of what actually went on, I'll not change my opinion.

·
Banned
292 Posts
red lady said:
too many fiddles going on in football....
So your just accepting this story as fact are you, your obviously one of the people who keeps garbage papers like the Sun and Daily Star in business because they print lies on a daily basis and people like you swallow them hook line and sinker. There is nothing in this story at all, Zenit won the Uefa Cup fair and square so don't make such an ignorant comment.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Banana-rama said:
So your just accepting this story as fact are you, your obviously one of the people who keeps garbage papers like the Sun and Daily Star in business because they print lies on a daily basis and people like you swallow them hook line and sinker. There is nothing in this story at all, Zenit won the Uefa Cup fair and square so don't make such an ignorant comment.

there is alot of corruption in football.FACT..don't call me ignorant thanks.i don't think it really matters what newspaper i read, and yep of course they print crap,we all know that.but on the very very rare occassion they also run a story with a grain of truth in it.before you throw insults at me,try talking with your mouth and put your brain into first gear ok.people like me..who are you then?.i find you offensive and rude.

·
Banned
292 Posts
red lady said:
there is alot of corruption in football.FACT..don't call me ignorant thanks.i don't think it really matters what newspaper i read, and yep of course they print crap,we all know that.but on the very very rare occassion they also run a story with a grain of truth in it.before you throw insults at me,try talking with your mouth and put your brain into first gear ok.people like me..who are you then?.i find you offensive and rude.
And what is your evidence for saying that there is a grain of truth in this story, I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in Europe last season and I can tell I never noticed any bias from the referee in there favour at any stage. In fact in the Uefa Cup Semi Final against Bayern, Zenit's star striker Pavel Pogrebnyak recieved a ridiculous yellow card that he didn't deserve which led to him missing the final so clearly the referee was not biased in there favour. In the Uefa Cup Final Rangers gave everything they had but could not live with Zenit, they won the competition fair and square so don't throw around accusations with no evidence.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Banana-rama said:
And what is your evidence for saying that there is a grain of truth in this story, I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in Europe last season and I can tell I never noticed any bias from the referee in there favour at any stage. In fact in the Uefa Cup Semi Final against Bayern Zenit's star striker Pavel Pogrebnyak recieved a ridiculous yellow card that he didn't deserve which led to him missing the final so clearly the referee was not biased in there favour. In the final Rangers gave everything they had but could not live with Zenit, they won the competition fair and square so don't throw around accusations with no evidence.

get your facts straight dear.i never said that there was a grain of truth in that story.i actually said the papers sometimes do write a story with a grain of truth in it ok. in fact my original comment was too many fiddles in football.so tell me where i threw accusations at you.GROW UP. to be honest how do you know it isn't true then?.come on answer that one.your having a pop at me,so there you go.

·
Banned
292 Posts
red lady said:
get your facts straight dear.i never said that there was a grain of truth in fact my original comment was too many fiddles in football.so tell me where i threw accusations at you.GROW UP. to be honest how do you know it isn't true then?.come on answer that one.your having a pop at me,so there you go.
This is a thread where Zenit are accused of fixing matches, so when you post a comment saying that there is too much corruption in football I must assume that you are talking about Zenit St Petersburg. I know there is no truth in this story because as I already said I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in the Uefa Cup and all of the matches in the latter stages of the tournament and I never saw anything suspicious. They won the Uefa Cup because clearly they were the best team in the competition who played the best passing and attacking football throughout the tournament and are a joy to watch, if anyone doubts there pedigree I should remind you that they also beat Manchester United in the Super Cup and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us to be honest.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Banana-rama said:
This is a thread where Zenit are accused of fixing matches, so when you post a comment saying that there is too much corruption in football I must assume that you are talking about Zenit St Petersburg. I know there is no truth in this story because as I already said I watched the majority of Zenit's matches in the Uefa Cup and all of the matches in the latter stages of the tournament and I never saw anything suspicious. They won the Uefa Cup because clearly they were the best team in the competition who played the best passing and attacking football throughout the tournament and are a joy to watch, if anyone doubts there pedigree I should remind you that they also beat Manchester United in the Super Cup and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us to be honest.

you assumed.:rolleyes: ..well then i must have mean't it huh?..

·
Banned
292 Posts
red lady said:
you assumed.:rolleyes: ..well then i must have mean't it huh?..
Well if you think there is too much corruption in football then go and make another thread, don't post such a comment in a thread related to Zenit St Petersburg who have done nothing wrong.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Banana-rama said:
good post. I agree. And Zenit with Bayern will bring an action against these newspapers.

look at video and ask what a goal was not fantastic? Pogrebnyak's goals or maybe Zyiryanov's?....or lil' Fauzylin scored simple goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNi_X-Adp5Y

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Well if you think there is too much corruption in football then go and make another thread, don't post such a comment in a thread related to Zenit St Petersburg who have done nothing wrong.

so you want everyone to be away just because of points of view...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts