Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Great game today! Gutted about the result but still what a day! Attendence of 3719, red smoke bombs when we scored, big 'red, white & black' flag crowd surfing. Result might have been gutting but it aint always about that! Anyone who could have easily been there today but chose not to go is a fool as they missed out on one the best football matches I've ever been too! AMAZING DAY! BRING ON NEXT SEASON, BRING ON UNITED!

Some vids from today, Ill post more and some pics n the match highlights when they become avaiable:

YouTube - FC United Smoke Bomb

YouTube - Oh FC United

YouTube - red mist at gigg lane fc united

PS Margy said to all the fans after the match "Forget about play-offs next season, we're gonna win the league!" !!! Can't wait :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was a cracking game with a brilliant atmosphere from both set of fans, although as predictable the "we all hate leeds scum" chant came out, thought they were a breakaway club there for having nothing to do with Leeds and Avenue being there main rivals or how it seems?

I thought the referee was awful, if it wasn't a penalty when James (Number 7) went down under a tackle from your keeper then he should of been booked for diving! Also when is it legal to slip grab the ball in your own penalty box? Last time I checked that's a penalty and a red card for deliberate handball! I guess the ref had red glasses on as he missed Roca (Their number 7) throwing several punches which again is a red card and then later on think it was 11 or 17 can't remember tried to head butt one of our players or went head to head and pushed back - normally in the prem they'd go down as if they were shot!

Saying that Jerome Wright did that twice when he hadn't even been touched. I though overall FC played some brilliant passing football and moved the ball really well and quickly, we didn't make it easy by giving you the ball half the time and playing people out of position. I thought a draw was a fair result and what better than to keep FC out of the playoffs especially as we weren't going to make it. 6 games played 3 wins and 3 draws for the Avenue let's hope that continues next season!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
It was a cracking game with a brilliant atmosphere from both set of fans, although as predictable the "we all hate leeds scum" chant came out, thought they were a breakaway club there for having nothing to do with Leeds and Avenue being there main rivals or how it seems?

FCUM is still the soul of Manchester United, you know?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm here to seek knowledge & profess my ignorance of all things FCUM. So prepare for questions.

The Avenue is Bradford, I know that much. Explain the rivalry? How did it form? Why did it form?

I'm asking because a couple of people seem to dislike Bradford.

Also has the rivalry existed since FCUM was formed? Does it have anything to do with being near Leeds?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm here to seek knowledge & profess my ignorance of all things FCUM. So prepare for questions.

The Avenue is Bradford, I know that much. Explain the rivalry? How did it form? Why did it form?

I'm asking because a couple of people seem to dislike Bradford.

Also has the rivalry existed since Manchester United was formed or since FCUM was formed?
Its a fairly simple rivalry- last season both clubs (FCUM and Bradford PA) were in the Unibond North and we're both top teams battling for league and/or promotion and by the end of the season Bradford had won the leauge and FC United were promoted via play-offs. The rivalry wasn't helped when Bradford signed our best player who had been with us since our first ever match (Rory Patterson). And so basically the rivalry has carried on this season and could very likely be rivals for the rest of time... you never know. Hope that helps :)

Also mate feel free to ask any more questions about FC United- the more people that know of us and why we are a team- the better :)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Thanks for that. I edited my post a few times as I thought of things.

I thought the rivalry might have to do with Leeds being based close by.

By that I mean Leeds & Bradford being close. Just a random thought.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.