Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3005 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Was always obvious that this story would be ran as soon as he was confirmed as manager. I would take Baines (for a reasonable price) but not fussed for having Fellaini.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
These stories were to be expected after Moyes was named manager. Baines and Fellaini are probably Everton's 2 best players and both play in areas United need to strengthen.

The Sun is reporting the same story and claim the 2 of them would cost £39m.

The Daily Telegraph say Everton would block a move for Baines but Fellaini has a release clause in his contract.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Felaini is a better option than anyone we have got to partner carrick at the moment...Unless we are happy with playing giggs in midfield (ahem)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Would rather Wanyama or Strootman, rather then Fellani. Would def have Baines, only at a reasonable price though.

I always take these stories with a pinch of salt though as whenever a manager moves to a new club from another stories like this will always pop up it's an easy story to write.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,116 Posts
Baines, definitely. Not bothered about Fellaini and would prefer we looked elsewhere.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Baines is a good player but not sure why we'd need him right now. Would take Fellaini but for the price he'd cost we could do better.

Mirallas I hope we buy.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Baines is a waste of 15-20M. We already have a good left back in Evra. Why don't we put that 15M towards buying technical forward player in the Oscar/Hazard/Mata/Silva ilk?

Fellaini? Urrghhhh. Hoof here we come. Even when Everton played in him midfield it was just hoof, hoof, hoof.

To get closer to Bayern and Barca we need to buy world class quality. Not players who are very good for Everton - one of whom isn't needed anyway,

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
baines yes but not needed, i dont know why ppl here do not like fellaini, if he come he wont play behind the striker, he wont take the place of kagawa or rooney (if he stays),but he will play as a cm!! and we need a good cm that is proven.

·
let's do this.
1,305 Posts
I'm not sure, but isn't there (normally) a clause that stops a manager from buying players from his previous club in his first season? I think someone mentioned it yesterday.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
I'm not sure, but isn't there (normally) a clause that stops a manager from buying players from his previous club in his first season? I think someone mentioned it yesterday.
You can put it in a contract but it's only as good as the man's word. Especially when it comes to release clauses there's no stopping it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Baines is a waste of 15-20M. We already have a good left back in Evra. Why don't we put that 15M towards buying technical forward player in the Oscar/Hazard/Mata/Silva ilk?

Fellaini? Urrghhhh. Hoof here we come. Even when Everton played in him midfield it was just hoof, hoof, hoof.

To get closer to Bayern and Barca we need to buy world class quality. Not players who are very good for Everton - one of whom isn't needed anyway,
evra is not a good left back .
Hes awful at everything . Cant defend,cant assist,his crosses never beat the first man

1 - 20 of 3005 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.