Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 3005 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
baines yes but not needed, i dont know why ppl here do not like fellaini, if he come he wont play behind the striker, he wont take the place of kagawa or rooney (if he stays),but he will play as a cm!! and we need a good cm that is proven.
I think if he comes here he will partner carrick , thats his favourite position

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
To be honest I would be in favour of signing both of these players. I can see arguments against signings either of them. Baines is 28, I believe, meaning he probably has about 3-4 years of top level form left in him. That said, he is probably the best left back on the market now and if that could lead us to success in those 3-4 years, it could be worth every penny.

With Fellaini, I think he would make an excellent partner for Carrick. He may not have the greatest passing range but he is still a good passer of the ball, very reliable. Furthermore, he wins a lot of tackles (also commits a lot of fouls), can play anywhere in the midfield, and wins most aerial duels he gets into. Not only that, but he's an incredible danger from set pieces, and if we were to come up against a Madrid or Barcelona again, having him behind the striker could cause them all sorts of problems (see our first game of this season).

For the record, I think if we sold Rooney and Nani (can't see Young or Valencia being sold), we would have enough money to buy these two and Gareth Bale. If that happened, the sky would be the limit.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
evra is not a good left back .
Hes awful at everything . Cant defend,cant assist,his crosses never beat the first man
He is a good left back. This has been a good season from him. Baines might be better, but is he a 15M upgrade? No chance. There's other areas we need to address first. A midfielder and a creative player for the final 3rd.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
How predictable was it that these were the two players we'd be linked with? :facepalm

Moyes leaves Everton to come to United. So inevitably the tabloid rags first transfer story will be something to the effect of him going back to sign arguably their best two players. It's terribly unimaginative. They almost always come out with these type of stories whenever a manager moves club. Anyway, are Everton really going to be in the mood to letting us rape them of all their best players after taking their manager? I know they might be skint but in spite of that I don't think they'll be offering carte blanche.

I'd take Baines, (although it would likely mean that evra would be sold as I don't see him as someone who'd be happy to sit on the bench) but don't really want Fellaini. Not that he isn't a good player but we don't really need anybody to fill the role he is best in between midfield and attack. We need a genuine midfielder.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How predictable was it that these were the two players we'd be linked with? :facepalm

Moyes leaves Everton to come to United. So inevitably the tabloid rags first transfer story will be something to the effect of him going back to sign arguably their best two players. It's terribly unimaginative. They almost always come out with these type of stories whenever a manager moves club. Anyway, are Everton really going to be in the mood to letting us rape them of all their best players after taking their manager? I know they might be skint but in spite of that I don't think they'll be offering carte blanche.

I'd take Baines, (although it would likely mean that evra would be sold as I don't see him as someone who'd be happy to sit on the bench) but don't really want Fellaini. Not that he isn't a good player but we don't really need anybody to fill the role he is best in between midfield and attack. We need a genuine midfielder.
Thats his natural and preferred position ...Moyes plays him out of position in everton

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
Thats his natural and preferred position ...Moyes plays him out of position in everton
Then he'd probably be tempted to play him out of position at United too. Especially as he's played well there. Anyway, do not want. . . Not that Fellaini is a bad player. But there are better options out there that would suit us more.

if we get baines then it is over for fabio or buttner unless evra retires.
Why the fuck would Evra retire? o_O He's not 32 until next week and has had very few injuries in his career.

·
VIDA !!! will murder you..
1,637 Posts
Why the fuck would Evra retire? o_O He's not 32 until next week and has had very few injuries in his career.
because he wont be sold to any other team considering united(fergie's) policy of sticking with the loyal players

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
but but that is the only thing i can think off :D .. evra will stay and fabio will be sold without him given a proper chance :mad:
Tough to say, Evra was linked with a return to France to play for PSG a few months ago. So that's a possibility if Baines was to come in. I don't think he'd be happy to sit on the bench for long and I can't see too many ways that him and Baines could be accommodated in the same side. There's no chance he'd retire yet though. Just doesn't make sense.

Fabio can play at right-back to that might be a potential lifeline for him if the left-back slots are taken. Buttner could either be loaned out for a season or played as more of a winger. We'll have to wait and see how things work out.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Not only will Evra be Moyes' first choice left back, he is probably going to be first team captain. Baines isn't needed and won't be bought.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
You can put it in a contract but it's only as good as the man's word. Especially when it comes to release clauses there's no stopping it.
Also there's no contract between United and Everton, as Moyes is effectively joining us as a free agent following his Everton contract expiring on July 1st. Everton effectively are powerless to impose any terms on him.

21 - 40 of 3005 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.