Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 3005 Posts

·
2,132 Posts
Bar his header ability, there are far better midfielders around who would suit our system, if Moyes sticks with something similar.

·
Registered
368 Posts
for the right ££'s - circa £30-35m I'd happily take both

Can see arguments against but I rate both players- Baines is class, only question mark is his age? Fellaini can play anywhere in midfield & better than most of our current options- both would improve us in IMO

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I think it can be a mistake to bring players from previous clubs, it can create divides, looks biased.

If Baines come in Paddy would think, Moyes is bringing his boy in even though I had a good season, scored some goals and won the league.

·
2,132 Posts
Somebody made a comment earlier about Moyes loyalty to the EFC board and owner, I'm inclined to agree with that. No Everton players will come in.

·
23,699 Posts
Happy at Everton but wants CL games. Interestingly, he claims he is DM??

http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/8705855/Fellaini-I-m-happy-at-Everton

Belgian ace Fellaini is set to find his future the subject of speculation over the summer with a number of top clubs reported to be chasing his signature.

United are the latest side to be linked with a move for Fellaini following David Moyes' move to Old Trafford for the start of next season.

Fellaini insists he sees his long-term future in England and hopes he can play in the Champions League with Everton.

"Every player wants to play in the Champions League. That is the big competition," Fellaini told the Daily Mirror.

"I hope I can do it with Everton. I'm happy here. I've been at the club for five years. I'm happy because I know everybody.

"For my future, I want to play in England. The Premier League is the best league. Here there are five, six, seven, eight teams, all of whom think they are good enough to play in the Champions League and want that.

"There isn't another country in Europe where you get that."

Fellaini has played in several different roles for Everton during his time at Goodison Park, but he believes he is best suited to a defensive midfield position.

"I know my quality. I know the most important things for me. When I came here, I knew the Premier League would be difficult, knew about the physical nature of the league and the high intensity," added Fellaini.

"The manager gave me a lot of confidence and the players trusted me. I've worked hard on the training pitch and tried to give my maximum for the club.

"Sometimes I look at myself and ask, 'What is my best position?' I think it's a defensive midfielder, that's the best one.

"The manager might like it sometimes when I play up front because I can cause trouble for the defenders, but for me my best position defensive midfield - stopping the opposition and then looking to impose myself on a game.

"When I play up front, it's hard. It's not my position and I find it difficult. I've played in a few positions. Sometimes I've played well there. I understand why the manager might put me up there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not sure about baines now .
He's better than evra i give him that but he gets too much praise because of his attacking quality rather than his defensive quality .
This is the guy that got raped walcott and kyle flipping walker ffs .
Not sure ..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
dm perfect for utd, i thin moyes played him as an am coz he did not have anyone, here he has wazza and kagawa

·
BORN RED DIE RED.
3,486 Posts
evra is not a good left back .
Hes awful at everything . Cant defend,cant assist,his crosses never beat the first man
he as assisted 6 in the league and scored 4 not to mention the countless times he has been involved in the build up play to someone scoring..evra is better skill wise i think than baines but baines is better defending and going forward then you have his ability at crossing and and free kicks i don't think evra is to bad getting the ball in the box but baines is better and better than evra all round £10m would be my max tho as we have buttner and fabio,with baines that would be 4 LBs......i changed my mind we don't need:wtf

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'd really think United could get better options than Baines or Fellaini. Plus, we have Evra and Buttner as cover for LB and Fellaini is a good player, but Kevin Strootman is of different class, the class that we need to compete for major awards.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Even before Moyes was appointed manager ,Fellaini and Baines were in my top 3 british based targets along with Bale, i think if either or both arrive here we will see a definate improvment in the team .say what you will about Fellaini but the guy certainly causes teams some major problems and its about time Utds midfielders started causing teams problems ,Baines is a good solid full back who delivers some great crosse's and would be a 1st choice player.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Baines is 29 is December, I'd prefer to loan Buttner out, keep Evra as number 1 and use Fabio as a back up. Also have Blackett and Evans who can play there if we're badly stuck.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Happy at Everton but wants CL games. Interestingly, he claims he is DM??

http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/8705855/Fellaini-I-m-happy-at-Everton

Belgian ace Fellaini is set to find his future the subject of speculation over the summer with a number of top clubs reported to be chasing his signature.

United are the latest side to be linked with a move for Fellaini following David Moyes' move to Old Trafford for the start of next season.

Fellaini insists he sees his long-term future in England and hopes he can play in the Champions League with Everton.

"Every player wants to play in the Champions League. That is the big competition," Fellaini told the Daily Mirror.

"I hope I can do it with Everton. I'm happy here. I've been at the club for five years. I'm happy because I know everybody.

"For my future, I want to play in England. The Premier League is the best league. Here there are five, six, seven, eight teams, all of whom think they are good enough to play in the Champions League and want that.

"There isn't another country in Europe where you get that."

Fellaini has played in several different roles for Everton during his time at Goodison Park, but he believes he is best suited to a defensive midfield position.

"I know my quality. I know the most important things for me. When I came here, I knew the Premier League would be difficult, knew about the physical nature of the league and the high intensity," added Fellaini.

"The manager gave me a lot of confidence and the players trusted me. I've worked hard on the training pitch and tried to give my maximum for the club.

"Sometimes I look at myself and ask, 'What is my best position?' I think it's a defensive midfielder, that's the best one.

"The manager might like it sometimes when I play up front because I can cause trouble for the defenders, but for me my best position defensive midfield - stopping the opposition and then looking to impose myself on a game.

"When I play up front, it's hard. It's not my position and I find it difficult. I've played in a few positions. Sometimes I've played well there. I understand why the manager might put me up there.
Fellaini would be a beast of a defensive midfielder, ironically he could even be the mythical "box to box" midfielder that Fergie hunted for.

41 - 60 of 3005 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.