Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahçe Vs Chelsea

I know everyone is muttering darkly about Chelski having rigged the draw again, so does that mean I'm the only one who firmly believe Chelsea have drawn the WORST possible quarter final? In light of their recent trip to Greece where the atmosphere is pretty similar to Turkish stadiums the fact that they couldn't break down Olympiakos states bodes well for Zico's men. However Fenerbahçe this season are an entirely different prospect to Olympiakos. I can't speak for other but I see a lot of similarities between Inter and Chelsea. Two huge squads ideal to keep on grinding out the wins over long drawn out seasons but no real sense of occasion, not the teams who step up when it's do or die. If they Fener can beat Inter at home they can beat Chelsea especially under Grant.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i'm not a betting man but i urge yous to bet chelski gettin to the final. both their 2nd leg games are at home. they are just certs for the final, who'll ever win between arsenal and pool will lose the semis.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I dunno. Chelsea are a very strong team. If they don't get anything in Turkey, they'll do it at home, just like they demolished Olympiakos

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
NateR said:
I dunno. Chelsea are a very strong team. If they don't get anything in Turkey, they'll do it at home, just like they demolished Olympiakos
Id go along with Nater. I really cant see Fener winning this one, Im sad to say.
Id love to see an Arsenal vs Chelsea semi final....
Wait and see I guess.
Exciting times coming up in both the Prem and the CL......squeeky bum time

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I remember good old Besiktas beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge when Abramovic took over in his first season lol Anything is possible! Going away to Turkey is very very tough and shocks do happen to Chelsea like BARNSELY!! lmao! We sent our reserves there and lost 3-0 so if Chelsea do rest their stars like they did away to Olympiakos you could get a Fenerbache advantage! But even though I am optimistic about Fener I still expect Chelsea to go through.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Fener is a very good team in fact. they must be good to knock sevilla out of the champions league. i expect them to give chelsea a tough test at their homeground. remember that chelsea european away form is not really great this year. i actually think that fener has a good chance of knocking out chelsea.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I don't give Fenerbahce a hope in hell to be honest ...

Sure Barnsley beat Chelsea and freak results do happen from time to time ...

But against chelsea freak results tend to occur maybe once every 2 years !

It's just so hard to score against them ...

And even if Fenerbahce manage to get a lucky 1-0 win they will get killed off at
Stamford Bridge.

Do you think Barnsley would have beaten them over 2 legs ?

Not a chance !!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Currently, I've gotta' admit that Chelsea's unbeaten home record streak which lasts for over a total of approximately 4-5 years deserves huge respect & recognition. Since they beat Birmingham City 3-2 back in August 07, they overtook Liverpool's record of 63-match unbeaten home record. I really do wish that Fenerbahce could triumph against the Blue Scum but chances of doing that are close to a big, fat '0'! True, it's possible they could hold out to a draw or if lucky, a win @ home. But when the reverse fixture takes place in Stamford Bridge, yeah I dare to say the stadium where it's the hardest to win in, Zico's men will get slaughtered like headless chickens!! ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I don't give Fenerbahce a hope in hell to be honest ...

Sure Barnsley beat Chelsea and freak results do happen from time to time ...

But against chelsea freak results tend to occur maybe once every 2 years !

It's just so hard to score against them ...

And even if Fenerbahce manage to get a lucky 1-0 win they will get killed off at
Stamford Bridge.

Do you think Barnsley would have beaten them over 2 legs ?

Not a chance !!!
just my thought, fenerbahce is a side with some class,they will not give in easily and i believe any trip to turkey will not be in your list of holiday trips.
no offence to any turkish in the forum

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Personally, I think that Fenerbahce will hold out for a hard-fought victory against Chelsea @ home, so 1-0 to Zico's men at the first leg & Chelsea to emerge victorious 3-1 at the reverse fixture. So Chelsea to progress with an aggregate of 3-2!! ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
In my opinion Fenerbache are one of the best left in the competition at going forward only ousted by United, Arsenal and Barca.
They are very solid at home may be leaky at the back but chelsea arent exactly free scoring most of the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts