Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a great way for Fergie to celebrate 50 years in football.
Ending the game with young players like Gibson, Welbeck, Manucho and Evans
was a perfect reflection on his managerial career and his policy of giving youth a chance.

Click through the pages on this link to see pics and stories of his career in football.
Its a good little read on this living legend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7724068.stm

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i was waiting for one of you mods to post this --- took long enough !!

50 years of standing up against the bigger boy and beating them in the end . i do not think it a coincidence he came from a mixed marraige and his work in shipyards stood him in great stead . watching jock stein die also has a profound effect . He lives and dies by his decisions and does not suffer fools - credit to martin edwards who had the balls to back when others said sack .

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
the man has given us some of the best momories and moments we will cherish all our lives, for this i am eternally grateful.
sir alex i salute you.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Cappy said:
Congrats Fergie...if only we could have 50 more from you
i have it on good authority that utd are working with disney on an animatronic exo skeleton so if fergie ever dies we can do like north korea do with thier president and keep him "alive" for ever . mike myers has got the gig for voice duties and is polishing his accent used in shrek as we speak . think i am joking ? didnt you see phil collins at o/t yesterday ? hes working on the music for "fergie 75 years in football" as i type ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Probably the most successful football manager of all time.

I still can't understand half of what he says and the players probably can't either, but he gets his message across.

A manager who will accept nothing less than excellence.

Unless your family name is Fletcher or O'Shea :D

For many years, I've had to hear rubbish from Liverpool and Arsenal fans about his perceived arrogance, but they all have now just shut up and having nothing to criticize.

The man's achievements and ability to produce stars at Old Trafford is unquestionable.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Probably the most successful football manager of all time.

I still can't understand half of what he says and the players probably can't either, but he gets his message across.

A manager who will accept nothing less than excellence.

Unless your family name is Fletcher or O'Shea :D

For many years, I've had to hear rubbish from Liverpool and Arsenal fans about his perceived arrogance, but they all have now just shut up and having nothing to criticize.

The man's achievements and ability to produce stars at Old Trafford is unquestionable.
Why probably rfr , he is and will be forever ,his achievements will never be repeated , especially the 10 league titles

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
50 years in football is an amazing feat and it very nearly didn't happen , a young fergie was about to go to canada to become a toolmaker.
boy are we glad that he changed his mind because some of his teams at both aberdeen and utd have dazzled the game and he is simply a living legend , to cap it all on his 50 aniversery his team goes and win 5-0 UNBELIEVABLE:eek: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts