Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I think this is a good time to share this article.
A snippet from yesterday's interview.

Apparently, Sir Alex think that some of the current batch of youngsters are equal to the best the club has had, becuase they've shown their potential in a league which is played at a higher level than in the early/mid 90s.

Looking forward and with all the Tevez talk, I thought this is very encouraging indeed and a very good sign of things to come!

Prem: Ferguson on new crop of youngsters | Setanta

Sir Alex Ferguson claims his current crop of youngsters are more advanced than the class of the 90’s.

United look set to mark their dominance of English football on Saturday, knowing victory over Arsenal would equal Liverpool’s 18 league titles.

Integral to Ferguson’s success have been club legends Ryan Giggs, Paul, Scholes, David Beckham, Gary and Phil Neville and co, but the United manager had a chilling warning for his rivals.

Glancing towards his current batch of youngsters including Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck, Rafael and Fabio da Silva, Jonny Evans and Anderson, Ferguson insists his current crop are ahead of Giggs, Scholes and co at the same age.

''Giggs, Scholes and Neville had such great potential when they were young and still learning. The younger ones we have now are just the same,'' said Ferguson.

''The difference is they (the current crop) have shown it at a harder level of football. It is much more difficult nowadays.

“They can go on and win other titles. That is far more exciting. It resonates far more with me than simply equalling someone.''

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Music to my ears RFR! We have got some special players coming through. Its also worth pointing out that that is all they are at the moment, young players with potential, but I have no doubt if they stay focused some of them can go on to be top draw players.

I'm fairly confident Macheda will get a fair share of first team games next season, as will Fabio. Look at for Matt James in the Carling Cup too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.