Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fergie questions Blatter credibility
Sir Alex Ferguson believes FIFA president Sepp Blatter is in danger of becoming an object of ridicule after his comments on Cristiano Ronaldo.

In July, Blatter said Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid if he wanted, suggesting players are slaves to their clubs.

The Portuguese winger eventually stayed at Old Trafford but Ferguson has hit out at the 72-year-old.

In an interview with GQ published in The Times, the Scot said: "I think Sepp Blatter is in danger...or has reached a point now where he is being mocked within the game.

"Whether he is getting too old, I don't know.

"But things can happen to people in power. Look at some of the despots in Africa."

While denying he was likening Blatter to a dictator, he went on: "That would be ridiculous. All I'm saying is that, from a position of great power, he has uttered so many ridiculous statements that he is in danger of seriously damaging his credibility.

"So when he came out with that stuff it created a furore and rightly so, the year after the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of slavery."

-teamtalk.com

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
With a shotgun I hope. :D Pah, no only with words. :rolleyes:

Blatter is a joke. The sooner football is rid of him and Platini the better.

(reddwarf would like to make it clear that he in no way encourages or endorses the brutal murder of Sepp Blatter or Michel Platini with a shotgun.)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Great work, Fergie!

Awesome stuff. I hate Blatter with a vengence and he has made a circus out of football to cover up the real **** that goes on at FIFA.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Slavery is a massive word, and you cant use that in football. The amounts players earn today is amazing money. And to say that footballers are slaves when they cannot leave there contract is trying to hide the fact that a player getting paid £150,000 a week wants to be paid £300,000 a week, that's the fact that players want more money and its not about there dream club anymore. Its like saying in the third world people are payed 15 pence a month so if they get a pay raise now with £1 or even £10 pound a month they are not slaves anymore.

Blatter is a fool. Should be sacked.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well fergie's always right! in always Mr sepp i would be veeeeery happy if i could be a slaver with 150k pounds a week!!! i'm pretty sure that i would be veeeeery happy!!

Blatter is the FIFA president coz he had a lot of connections and used them rightly!!! that **** platini does the same!!! if only we could get rid of these kind of people!!!! People who couldnt even write their names in a proper way, they became millioners!!!

I wish that Fergie was the FIFA president!!

As for ronaldo the case is closed for me! He made the right move to stay.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
With a shotgun I hope. :D Pah, no only with words. :rolleyes:

Blatter is a joke. The sooner football is rid of him and Platini the better.

(reddwarf would like to make it clear that he in no way encourages or endorses the brutal murder of Sepp Blatter or Michel Platini with a shotgun.)
:p

What a great post. :D

Anyway, back on topic... ;)

Theres not much that can be said about Blatter and Platini that hasn't already been said numerous times.

To think that they are Presidents of the most powerful organisation in World and Europen football at Fifa and UEFA respectively is slightly worrying :rolleyes:

And to think I thought Platini coming in was a positive move. A former player and not just a bigwig. I thought he'd be better and a lot fairer. How wrong I was! :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone stands against the both of them at the next electons and win. That would certainly be a step forward for football.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I vote for Abo to stand against Blatter at the next elections, for comedy standpoints alone. Could you imagine how great it would be if Abo ruled footy? :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Cappy said:
I vote for Abo to stand against Blatter at the next elections, for comedy standpoints alone. Could you imagine how great it would be if Abo ruled footy? :D
lmao! :D

I second that motion! :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Honestly, it must suck to be Sepp Blatter and know that everyone wishes you weren't at your job, and thinks you're an absolute tool. I suppose the same goes for Platini as well, but at least he was one of the all-time greats. Whereas Blatter never even played a professional sport.

S

·
0 Posts
CROoney said:
Fergie questions Blatter credibility
Sir Alex Ferguson believes FIFA president Sepp Blatter is in danger of becoming an object of ridicule

he is in danger of seriously damaging his credibility.
SAF is talking absolute rubbish there, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :eek:

Blatter has been an object of ridicule for years and he never had any credability
in the first place. :D ;)

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Blatter should be embarrased and sacked of his position for even thinking about labeling ronaldo as a slave. the fact is ronaldo had a legal obligation when signing the contract. Good job on saf for telling him off.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
trikam patel said:
Slavery is a massive word, and you cant use that in football. The amounts players earn today is amazing money. And to say that footballers are slaves when they cannot leave there contract is trying to hide the fact that a player getting paid £150,000 a week wants to be paid £300,000 a week, that's the fact that players want more money and its not about there dream club anymore. Its like saying in the third world people are payed 15 pence a month so if they get a pay raise now with £1 or even £10 pound a month they are not slaves anymore.

Blatter is a fool. Should be sacked.
- And a few weeks after that someone talked some sense into him and he had to retract like a meek mouse, because he realized he was being a retard.

I want to be a slave too! Some of these footballers earn in one week what people in Asia earn in 10 years!

I change my stance - I want to be a slave so badly, I'll do it for half the salary! :rolleyes:

mufcpavlos said:
Well fergie's always right! in always Mr sepp i would be veeeeery happy if i could be a slaver with 150k pounds a week!!! i'm pretty sure that i would be veeeeery happy!!

Blatter is the FIFA president coz he had a lot of connections and used them rightly!!! that **** platini does the same!!! if only we could get rid of these kind of people!!!! People who couldnt even write their names in a proper way, they became millioners!!!

I wish that Fergie was the FIFA president!!

As for ronaldo the case is closed for me! He made the right move to stay.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if Fergie is always right, but he sure would make a better FIFA president than those two. Thing is Fergie understands the different ircumstances clubs have to operate in. He's gone through managing clubs with varying sizes of fan bases and expectations.

One rule does not fit all.

The thing I would be most happy about Fergie being FIFA president though, is that he wouldn't stand for footballers getting short-changed.

Currently millions of dollars are given to FAs all over the world, but in those countries you hardly see anythingbeing done for football at grass-root levels.

look at Africa. The players don't get proper shoes, don't get proper balls, the goals don't have nets and yet the president of their FA get millions of dollars a year from FIFA (for their votes in the FIFA presidential campaign) and spend it on fake programs that put the money back in their pockets.

it's very sickening and I'm sure Fergie would clean that up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Awesome Fergie! Blatter is a mother of all fools and loooks like he dosen't understand the concepts of the modern GAMEEE...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts