Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he is not concerned by the length of time it is taking for Carlos Tevez to sign a permanent contract with Manchester United.

The Argentina international striker is currently on loan at Old Trafford and Ferguson is eager to push through a deal to secure his long-term future.

There have been a series of negotiations between Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian and United chief executive David Gill, but there appears to be no imminent prospect of the bustling forward putting pen-to-paper.

Ferguson is nevertheless staying calm and accepts that such matters are rarely resolved quickly.

The United boss said: "It doesn't frustrate me. I have been used to it over the years. You just have to be patient.

"It is not as if we have been short of negotiations.

"But I think we all know they can take a long time, and this one is just going along.

"David has been talking to his agent, so it is best left to him."
Rotation

Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov have regularly been preferred to Tevez up front this season and there have been suggestions that the former West Ham man may wait to see how often he plays before committing to the club.

However, Ferguson is satisfied that Tevez will not have a problem with the amount of action he is getting.

"When you have a squad of players, everyone must get their share," said Ferguson.

"The important thing is Carlos makes a great contribution.

"He has started a few games already. By the end of the season, you will see how many he has participated in - and that contribution will have been very important to us.

"No one has played all the games. They have all had minutes on the clock; some have had time on the bench, and sometimes they have not been involved at all.

"That is exactly what happens with squad rotation in the modern game."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4615552,00.html

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I think Carlos is going to wait and see how the season plays out, and how much playing time he gets here before he signs. Not saying it is worth it price-wise, but since both sides have professed their interest in getting a deal done, I think Carlos just wants to see how happy he will be being shuffled with Roo and Berba.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
A deal might happen by then, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. I don't think I can justify the price tag on him if Fergie doesn't plan on using him for most of the matches.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
If fergie plans tevez to be on the bench all season, than he should leave. Tevez should be a first team player at any team. But with Benzema in fergie's plans I don't think future is bright for Tevez in the United shirt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts