Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has laid down the battle lines for the resumption of his rivalry with Arsenal.

Ferguson and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger have experienced an intense competition over the years in the Premier League and the contest looks set to return.

In the wake of the departure of Jose Mourinho, another of Ferguson's managerial foes, the Old Trafford boss has backed The Gunners to be major contenders for United's Premier League crown.

Arsenal currently top the league and Ferguson has been impressed by the London club's unbeaten opening season run of five wins in six games.

"They have started the season well," Ferguson told the Daily Mail.

"Their form has been very good and they have produced some very good performances. It's going to make it an interesting league

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I enjoy these battle between SAF and Arse Winger........

Mainly because SAF win most times, lol.

Shame Jose is not here though - always make for more satisfaction when United beat 3 enemy rather than just one !!!

Maybe Liverpool make it 3 teams in race for League - what am I saying ? Liverpool, lmao will fall away before Xmas - some thing just never change !!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot the Fergie - Jose or Fergie - Rafa, For me the best rivalry has always been between Fergie and Arsene, The mind games hav been going for over 10 years, There has been good and bad times but mostly good times for us United fans, I love when Fergie and Arsene play the mind games!! Fergie is the master at mind games!! Just ask Kevin Keegan he will tell u!! LOL

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
arsenal beat us twice last season which took the piss...wont happen this season and it looks like we will be the ones to set arsenal straight just like the time we beat them to end there run...lol

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
owenrooneyruud said:
arsenal beat us twice last season which took the piss...wont happen this season and it looks like we will be the ones to set arsenal straight just like the time we beat them to end there run...lol
That was so frustrating.

The game at OT was headed for 0-0 until Ronaldo lost the ball and Brown got skinned by Adebayor. Solskjaer nearly rescued a point after that too.

The game at the Emirates was even worse. To let a 1-0 lead slip because of 2 late (1 very late) goals. I was gutted after that game.

We'll just have to do the double over them this season!

We play them at the Emirates on 3rd Nov - a week after they've visited Anfield. It'll be interesting to see who's top of the league after those games.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
That was so frustrating.

The game at OT was headed for 0-0 until Ronaldo lost the ball and Brown got skinned by Adebayor. Solskjaer nearly rescued a point after that too.

The game at the Emirates was even worse. To let a 1-0 lead slip because of 2 late (1 very late) goals. I was gutted after that game.

We play them at the Emirates on 3rd Nov - a week after they've visited Anfield. It'll be interesting to see who's top of the league after those games.
Ah the game at the Emirates last year was heartbreaking!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
reddwarf said:
That was so frustrating.

It will be, my birthday is on the 4th so a win would be a good prezzie alright.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i do indeed.
Artist Venue In On Time
FOO FIGHTERS Manchester Evening News Arena Manchester SAT 03/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS Newcastle Metro Radio Arena Newcastle MON 05/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS National Exhibition Centre Birmingham TUE 06/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS Hallam FM Arena Sheffield MON 12/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS Cardiff International Arena Cardiff TUE 13/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS Nottingham Ice Arena Nottingham WED 14/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS Nottingham Arena Nottingham WED 14/11/2007 19:30 order
FOO FIGHTERS The O2 Arena London SAT 17/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out
FOO FIGHTERS The O2 Arena London SUN 18/11/2007 19:30 tickets sold out

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
It will be, my birthday is on the 4th so a win would be a good prezzie alright.
and mine on the 8th let's share this present :)

i too loved the mind games between fergie and wenger, and they will be back this year. although i hate wenger i have pure respect for him he plays football the right way the same as us. he also changed the english way of preperation for games with his diets and no drinking polices

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking forward to that game, That morning me and 23 other people are going to a big Horse Racing course near Belfast, so hopefully the bar up there will be showing the game!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts