Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05/12/2008 11:27, Report by Steve BartramTevez poses problemsCarlos Tevez's four-goal display against Blackburn Rovers has given Sir Alex Ferguson food for thought ahead of Saturday's visit of Sunderland.

With Wayne Rooney back amongst the goals with the winner in last weekend's Manchester derby and Dimitar Berbatov back from injury, the Argentine's superb midweek outing has been posing the manager problems this week.

"Carlos, without question has given me a big selection problem," said Sir Alex. "I've been doodling on my pad the last couple of days, trying to see how I can fit all these players in, but one of the important ingredients of your team is to have a proper balance. It was a fantastic performance of energy, aggression and running, I admire him for that, and it doesn't make my job any easier."

Tevez has endured a frustrating season, clocking up appearances largely as a substitute since the September arrival of Berbatov, but Sir Alex is happy to have him champing at the bit for more involvement.

"It's obvious that he doesn't enjoy it, he wants to play," he said. "Do I want players who don't enjoy being left out, or do I want players who are quite happy sitting in the stand? I've got to manage that myself as best I can.

"He wants to play, I can understand that. I want to pick a team that wins, and I want to be as fair as I can in doing that. Performance does matter, and his performance on Wednesday gives me a big problem."

how could he make all strikers happy?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
At least its not the stress of players been out injuried, id play Tevez and Rooney up front if i were you Alex.... But im not!!

please keep it 4-4-2!!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
VDS
Rafael/Gazza Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Scholes/Anderson Carrick/ Flecth

Berbatov

Rooney Tevez

1 - 3 of 3 Posts