Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by Ben Blackmore, 08 May 2008
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/08/Prem-Gill-on-Fergusons-transfer-plan/

Sir Alex Ferguson has been told he can keep on spending this summer, even if Manchester United's current squad prove to be the best in Europe.

United are two matches away from completing a Premier League and Champions League double, but chief executive David Gill insists the club will not rest on their laurels.

Ferguson splashed over £50 million last summer bringing in the likes of Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, and Nani – making them England's biggest spenders.

As a result, United are widely regarded to have one of the two strongest squads in The Premier League, but Gill admits Ferguson is always seeking new faces.

Porto's highly-rated right back Jose Bosingwa has been linked to a big-money move to Old Trafford, as has Wigan's Antonio Valencia, and Gill revealed Ferguson will be backed.

“One of Sir Alex's key strengths is that he is always looking to improve the squad," Gill said in the Daily Star.

"He doesn't say 'that's good enough, let's keep with what we've got'.

“If there are areas he wants to improve, areas he feels we need more cover for, then we will see what we ca do.â€

·
Banned
198 Posts
Who's out this summer then? Maybe someone for sale? ANy signs of needing to raise cash? I bet this is sure to make Benitez sick.. Mr "i need money" "but i forget to mention, i don't spend as wisely as Sir ALex.."

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
A striker, a right back and a left winger. Berbatov, Richards and Ben Arfa would be immense!:)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Drew9 said:
great news, benzema richards palacios and valencia will do nicely :)
richards, not going to happen
Benzema , lets do it
Palacios and Valencia??? This is Manchester United not FC United why on earth are we linked with 2nd rate crap.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Why do we keep gettin linked to Palacios & Valencia? We don't even need them. Our Midfield is good enough, we don't need more. We need a striker and perhaps another defender maybe...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
PLEASE just get a striker :( !

I think he will invest in a striker around the region of 15 million so hopefully (yn) Santa Cruz/Huntelaar or if he wants to spend more ;) Berbatov :D
A right back - I would be the happiest guy around if we bought Philip Lahm or Micah Richards.
And maybe another midfielder, just offer us some cover on the right side so Palacios MAYBE. Im coming round to that idea sort of ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
NateR said:
Why do we keep gettin linked to Palacios & Valencia? We don't even need them. Our Midfield is good enough, we don't need more. We need a striker and perhaps another defender maybe...
It can never be good enough. We will always strive to improve in all aspects of our team. As you should in all aspects of your own life.

We need two players IMO, a goal scorer, a poacher, a true centre forward and a world class, nu-Paul Scholes. Perhaps also a 'keeper than doesn't flap. See how VDS does next season, and how Foster progresses aswel. CM and a CF for me,

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would have thought that if Fergie had any plans to spend this summer, then he would have to offload some players first.

I wouldn't be too confident yet about us splashing a lot of cash this summer, with a large sum of last years transfer fee's yet to be paid.

If it were to happen though, I think the priority must undoubtably be a striker because we have essentially played this season with only Rooney and Tevez, with th likes of Giggs and Ronaldo filling in up there, with Louis Saha injured for large periods of time.

If we dared to spend again :eek: I would like to see us possibly go for the young Portugese right back, I forget his name :eek:, as a long term replacement for the ageing skipper.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
eoininho said:
richards, not going to happen
Benzema , lets do it
Palacios and Valencia??? This is Manchester United not FC United why on earth are we linked with 2nd rate crap.
valencia link is too make wigan think 8 mill could be on way if they roll over and have tummy tickled on sunday . after we win fergie will bid saha and a fruit salad chew for him take it or leave it

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Agree

NateR said:
I agree with this 100%. one tall striker like berbatov or santa cruz, and a quality
defender will do .

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
A striker is a must and a defender too! And also sell fletcher and get another midfielder lol

Villa, Huntelaar, Benzema would do fine for strikers

Lahm, Alves, Richards would do fine or rbs

Nasri, Ben Arfa, Veloso, Moutinhio would do fine and they are all young and would adapt and fit in well like Anderson and Nani did and imo are better than Fletcher lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts