Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he may not buy anyone this summer.

Ferguson has not added to his Champions League-winning squad, despite being linked with a host of big-name targets.

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov is still on the Scot's wanted list and discussions will continue over other potential signings until the transfer deadline at the end of the month.

However, despite a growing injury list that looks certain to keep Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and half a dozen other senior men out of the opening Premier League game against Newcastle on August 17, Ferguson may keep his cash where it is.

"We might well start 2008-09 with largely the squad we had last season - and after all, they didn't do too badly," he said.

"We have not brought in the kind of top-quality player everyone seems to be expecting.

"We are still researching and looking but it is not easy and certainly we are not desperate."

In Nani, who will be suspended against Newcastle, and Anderson, who is on Olympic duty with Brazil, United have two men likely to show significant improvement on their first year at Old Trafford.

Angola striker Manucho is due to apply for a work permit and success of that, plus the emergence of Rafael da Silva at right-back and the failure to get Berbatov for a price he feels is realistic could be enough to convince Ferguson he does not require any new blood.

"We have the right balance of youth and experience thanks to the work we did in the transfer market the previous year," he claimed.

"In terms of numbers we have been boosted by the return from loan of several young players who have the potential to go all the way.

"So I think we already have the men for the job."

Dissappointing in my view because i can just see us making some silly signings in January now, and with the players out i cant believe it to be honest, why not try bring a player in on loan someone such as the Henrik larsson category?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
intresting artical to be honest im in 2minds one half of me says we need to sign a world class strikers and scare the bejesus out of or rivals, but the other side of me says that we need to blood in some youngsters and give them a good chance and save money, im just not to sure at all

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Fergie knows what he's doing, i think its a smoke screen to make tottenham think we dont want berba now, so they will panic as they are trying to buy corluka, villa, arshavin and veloso so they will need funds for that, meaning they will sell us berba ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It always makes me laugh when fans worry about saving a million here or there. It's not your money, what do you care? Berbatov costs 28 million, 30, 32, so what? I'd love to see him emerging from the home dressing room at OT. I think he'd add another dimension.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
no-wukkas said:
It always makes me laugh when fans worry about saving a million here or there. It's not your money, what do you care? Berbatov costs 28 million, 30, 32, so what? I'd love to see him emerging from the home dressing room at OT. I think he'd add another dimension.
point is if we give in to these stupid demands for players then it will keep getting worse and worse. if we do a chelsea and go yeah **** it heres 40 mil then every club will do that to us.

berba is a great player but in this day and age i say his worth 25mil at the most. so pushing him up to 30 32 mil is just out of the question because the next time we go to sign someone we want were gonna have the same problem. 1 or 2 mil aint nothing to us really but its the principal and future events fergies thinking of so we dont get screwed over

·
Registered
616 Posts
been on the media for a while now but Ronaldo is deffo staying for at least another season....:D he apparently said he happy at old trafford,not a slave then ?:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts