Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson has no problem with Wayne Rooney's form, despite the striker's failure to score in his last six appearances for Manchester United.

The England front-man has put in some marvellous stints for the Premier League champions in recent weeks but his touch in front of goal appears to have deserted him.

While strikers are normally judged on the goals they score, Ferguson believes there is so much more to Rooney's game.

And following Rooney's impressive display last weekend in the defeat of Liverpool at Old Trafford, the Scottish chief has been unstinting in his praise.

He said: "I was speaking to Alex Miller (Liverpool coach) after the game and we both agreed Wayne was unbelievable.

"He was great all day. You just had to look at his aggression, his control and his penetration.

"I have not one problem with the boy. I hope he plays as badly for the rest of the season. That will do for me."

Meanwhile, Ferguson has moved to quell talk on the continent that has suggested his assistant Carlos Queiroz will be joining Benfica next season.

"I am quite certain Carlos will not be going to Benfica," concluded Ferguson.

"The Real Madrid experience was something else. It was a job he had to take.

"But he learned how difficult it is. He wasn't allowed to buy and instead told to sell players."

from skysports.com/football/

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
Sir Alex Ferguson has no problem with Wayne Rooney's form, despite the striker's failure to score in his last six appearances for Manchester United.

The England front-man has put in some marvellous stints for the Premier League champions in recent weeks but his touch in front of goal appears to have deserted him.

While strikers are normally judged on the goals they score, Ferguson believes there is so much more to Rooney's game.

And following Rooney's impressive display last weekend in the defeat of Liverpool at Old Trafford, the Scottish chief has been unstinting in his praise.

He said: "I was speaking to Alex Miller (Liverpool coach) after the game and we both agreed Wayne was unbelievable.

"He was great all day. You just had to look at his aggression, his control and his penetration.

"I have not one problem with the boy. I hope he plays as badly for the rest of the season. That will do for me."

Meanwhile, Ferguson has moved to quell talk on the continent that has suggested his assistant Carlos Queiroz will be joining Benfica next season.

"I am quite certain Carlos will not be going to Benfica," concluded Ferguson.

"The Real Madrid experience was something else. It was a job he had to take.

"But he learned how difficult it is. He wasn't allowed to buy and instead told to sell players."

from skysports.com/football/
well said. rooney is legend

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dont see why the question was even put to Fergie in the 1st place. Roo has been excellent this season IMO. He was not bought as a goalscorer, although he would be expected to get 12-15 a season and he is on course for that. He is the vital link between attack and midfield and creates so many goals and chances for others. The lads done just fine.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedSte said:
i dont see why the question was even put to Fergie in the 1st place. Roo has been excellent this season IMO. He was not bought as a goalscorer, although he would be expected to get 12-15 a season and he is on course for that. He is the vital link between attack and midfield and creates so many goals and chances for others. The lads done just fine.
I still feel he has underachieved. He is a forward for Man United and getting
12-15 goals is not acceptable, even for his role as the 'vital link'.
He has missed a lot of chances and could be on 20 goals at least by now,
if he had more composure in shooting positions. Basically he has missed too many
sitters. Rooney is an integral part of our team but I still feel he can improve a lot.
For me this season he has not been up to scratch, be it from injuries, confidence,
match fitness etc....who knows? but we know he can be way better.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Form is temporary, Class is Permanent.

Always have faith in the wonder kid, I never doubt him anymore because I know what he has done in the past and what he can do.

2 goals today, could have had a hat-trick.

Rooney is back baby and hopefully he can put a dent in Roma's CL hopes like he did last season.

Tevez and Roney both scoring today. Life is good :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts