Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fergie 'lie' over Rooney virus

ALEX FERGUSON was last night accused of 'degrading' Nigeria and 'lying' over Wayne Rooney's mystery illness.

And it was also claimed Manchester United failed to visit an orphanage, cold-shouldered African fans and snubbed official commitments.

Fergie insisted Rooney — and team-mate Michael Carrick — caught viruses during the pre-season trip, where they played FA Cup winners Portsmouth.

But that triggered a backlash from the organiser, Bassey Ndem, who said: “They did not catch it in Nigeria.

“It's a lie from the pit of hell and it's sad someone had to go to that length to degrade Nigeria. Rooney only sat in his hotel room. He was in Nigeria for less than 24 hours.†-TheSun

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Rooney to make surprise return
Wayne Rooney will give Manchester United a second major boost by returning to
training this morning. The England striker has been laid low - and lost half-a-
stone with a bug after the club's trip to Africa - but the United doctors have given
him the go-ahead to get back to work at Carrington. Rooney may now even be
able to make United's Premier League opener against Newcastle on August 17 if
he can catch up with the pace.
Alan Nixon, The Mirror

Its mind games...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised by anthing that Fergie does TBH...Rooney does have an
incredible ability of recovering speed.

Not sure if we'll see him Sunday but we simply have to see him against
Newcastle...

Its all just mind games from Fergie;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
But that triggered a backlash from the organiser, Bassey Ndem, who said: “They did not catch it in Nigeria.

“It's a lie from the pit of hell and it's sad someone had to go to that length to degrade Nigeria. Rooney only sat in his hotel room. He was in Nigeria for less than 24 hours.â€
He's taking it a bit personally isn't he? :confused:

You can catch a virus anywhere. How does catching a virus degrade the country you get it in?

Stupidly OTT reaction imo

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
why would you care if someone caught a virus from your country when your country if full of aids and serious illnesses. sounds like someone is after a bit of media spotlight.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
still wouldnt go to Nigeria anyway.

Its full of murderers, rapists and conmen trying to do you out of any bit of money you get.

United get no credit for going to these places and its all about what they didnt do. first and foremost they are footballers, not BOB GELDOF!!!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he's trying to redirect the blame to somebody else...because these kind of things can ruin he's image...it's understanble...but i realy don't see why Sir Alex would lie about this

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
wtf ??? has someone been a bit grumpy lately ? he simply said he caught a virus overthere...what is that country ? free of all viruses and ilness? - if it is .- then i 'm moving in there ASAP...

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
antdevil78 said:
still wouldnt go to Nigeria anyway.

Its full of murderers, rapists and conmen trying to do you out of any bit of money you get.

United get no credit for going to these places and its all about what they didnt do. first and foremost they are footballers, not BOB GELDOF!!!!

haha that bob geldof comment is gold hes always trying to save the world him and bono, and so what if rooney and carrick caught virus over there they could of quite as easly caught it here or on there holidays its just bad luck really that bloke from nigera is just a arsenal fan or sumate and fancys having his name in the paper

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I wouldn't take anything that comes from Nigerian authorities seriously.

They always seem to come out with stupid things. They had a go at Everton a year or two ago when David Moyes and Yakubu had a joke, and the Nigerians launched an attack on Moyes saying he was a racist, etc.

Hes obviously just a bitter man.

And Sir Alex never lies about things like this.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
To be honest, it would not surprise me if Fergie made it up looking at our current situation to make sure that Carrick and Rooney were given some extra time off to ensure that they were fresh when the season begins. Both Carrick and Rooney will probably be featuring in most if not all the games for a bit, while our depth isn't the greatest. It would have also been tough to tell the fans, that two integral parts of the season were going to take the night off from the trophy celebration just to make sure they were healthy for the season.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Keano! said:
Rooney to make surprise return
Wayne Rooney will give Manchester United a second major boost by returning to
training this morning. The England striker has been laid low - and lost half-a-
stone with a bug after the club's trip to Africa - but the United doctors have given
him the go-ahead to get back to work at Carrington. Rooney may now even be
able to make United's Premier League opener against Newcastle on August 17 if
he can catch up with the pace.
Alan Nixon, The Mirror
QUOTE]

IF Rooney is back in training and able to play against Newcastle, then I will feel a lot better about the start of the sesaon. With Wazza in the side, the whole team goes up a gear and I think he could be vital to us getting a result.

WE all know Wayne will give all he's got to be fit for the start of the sesaon. Come on Wazza!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
jd_united said:
IF Rooney is back in training and able to play against Newcastle, then I will feel a lot better about the start of the sesaon. With Wazza in the side, the whole team goes up a gear and I think he could be vital to us getting a result.

WE all know Wayne will give all he's got to be fit for the start of the sesaon. Come on Wazza!
Me too.

Without Wayne, I would be worried for the start of the season.

But if he makes it, I will be a lot more confident that we will get off to a great start.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
yes hope he will be fit last year our start was not too good and this year we should not loose point for nothing because this year will be a tight one

·
Registered
29 Posts
put it this way i dont think we'll be going to Nigeria anytime soon !
And if Wayne makes it against Newcastle it definetly eases my worries about no transfer action and hearing that he might be fit for the opener is in my eyes a nice signing :p

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Stephen said:
If it's mind games, who's he playing them with? (presuming you mean Fergie).
Pompey for the Shield, or Newcastle not preparing for Rooney, depending on when he returns.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The part about an orphanage and cold shouldering fans in Africa is total BS if you ask me. We would never do that.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
TheManc said:
The part about an orphanage and cold shouldering fans in Africa is total BS if you ask me. We would never do that.
Exactly.

We weren't meant to be in Nigeria for that long anyway, so I doubt we agreed to it. And if we did, we would certainly have done it.

Sir Alex wouldn't stand for anything like that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts