Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i think we should take out his brain and switch it with a 10 year old so we could have Fergie for another 50 odd years :D

but TBH i don't see him going for another while yet as long as his health holds up! think about it we've just equaled Liverpoo's league record so he will ant to go ahead in that by one or two more league wins and if we win in Rome we will be one off equaling there champions league record

Fergie is probably the most driven and hungry man in football and hes got plenty of motive to continue at United for another number of years! to real knock the scousers of there ******* perch :D

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Oh. Well, he's an amazing Manager, maybe the financial
opportunities offered by United could give him the success
he hasn't obtained at Arsenal.
Well thats what I thought, and don't forgot he hasn't exactly been unsuccessful. Notably the unbeaten season and the Champions League final against Barcelona come to mind. And as you say he hasn't had the finances his rivals have been blessed with. He'd be much more suited to managing here than Mourinho would IMO.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Well thats what I thought, and don't forgot he hasn't exactly been unsuccessful. Notably the unbeaten season and the Champions League final against Barcelona come to mind. And as you say he hasn't had the finances his rivals have been blessed with. He'd be much more suited to managing here than Mourinho would IMO.
Yeah but a lot of the leading players were players he inherited,
notably Adams, Dixon, Keown, Parlour and Bergkamp who were
key players during his first 10 years. Today's squad is entirely
his and, while demonstrating extraordinary ability, isn't doing
as well as it could. His one year contract to over-30s policy
wouldn't exist at United, for example.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
His squad aren't as bad as are currently being made out, and would be much different if he was alowed to compete with wages for the likes of Flamini and Hleb.

My main criticism of his management is that he doesn't take responsibility for producing and playing English players as much as he should.

·
Registered
364 Posts

The most successful players over the years where mostly his. (henry,bergkamp,viera,pires,)
As for the over 30 policy, he does offer them a contract but doesnt stop players from leaving if they want to. His judgement is rarely wrong. Just look at gilberto,viera,edu,pires,overmars,ljunnberg, and others who he has allowed to leave.
If playesrs through the youth system stay at the club for a long time, like scholes and giggs, i have no doubts that they would stay ,even past their 30's. (wilshere,simpson,gibbs) However i doubt wenger will be there for that point to be proved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.