Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like there could be a little twist regarding Sir Alex managing a GB Football team in the 2012 Olympics.

Source - Sky Sports News

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has denied saying that he would not be interested in the opportunity to coach a Great Britain team at the 2012 Olympics.

The Red Devils boss was recently quoted as stating that he would turn down the role if it was offered to him and that he would be finished with football when he quits Old Trafford.

However, Ferguson has now insisted that the chance to lead a possible Great Britain side in three-and-a-half-years' time would appeal, as long as he was not still involved with United.

"I have not turned it down," said the Scot.

Problem
"If I was finished with United, it is something I would consider but I have not made a decision about that or given it a thought yet."

Meanwhile, Ferguson is adamant he is happy with the current January transfer window system, despite a host of managers voicing their dissatisfaction with the format.

"When they brought the January transfer window in it was to bring us in line with the rest of Europe so why should they change?" said Ferguson.

"Maybe it is a problem to English teams because we have more transfers than any other country and there are more agents here.

"It can be frustrating when you come to January and there is a panic. But I don't see that as a reason to change it."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts