Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson believes speculation regarding Carlos Tevez's future at Manchester United has been blown out of proportion.

The Argentina international is approaching the end of his two-year loan deal at Old Trafford, but is yet to pen a permanent contract.

With time running out, United are yet to agree a fee with Tevez's third-party owners or personal terms with the player himself.

That has led to suggestions that the 25-year-old will be heading to pastures new over the summer, with his lack of action this season only serving to fuel those rumours.

However, Ferguson insists Tevez remains part of his long-term plans and has defended his decision to rotate the forward at regular intervals this term, claiming that is part and parcel of having a squad brimming with world-class talent.

"The Tevez thing, it is a media story," the United boss told L'Equipe Magazine.
Progressing

"As he is not our player, everything that goes on with him is analysed on this premise.

"It's good for papers to say Tevez isn't playing. But when it is (Michael) Carrick, (Darren) Fletcher, (Ryan) Giggs or (Paul) Scholes, nobody could care less.

"I have 23 players. Up front, I must choose between Tevez, (Wayne) Rooney, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Dimitar) Berbatov, Nani, Park Ji-sung, Giggs, Scholes and some youngsters.

"You can't play them all together.

"Players like Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo are still progressing. For me, a player reaches maturity at 26-27."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Fergie questions Tevez fuss

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Sir Alex Ferguson believes speculation regarding Carlos Tevez's future at Manchester United has been blown out of proportion.

The Argentina international is approaching the end of his two-year loan deal at Old Trafford, but is yet to pen a permanent contract.

With time running out, United are yet to agree a fee with Tevez's third-party owners or personal terms with the player himself.

That has led to suggestions that the 25-year-old will be heading to pastures new over the summer, with his lack of action this season only serving to fuel those rumours.

However, Ferguson insists Tevez remains part of his long-term plans and has defended his decision to rotate the forward at regular intervals this term, claiming that is part and parcel of having a squad brimming with world-class talent.

Progressing

"As he is not our player, everything that goes on with him is analysed on this premise.

"It's good for papers to say Tevez isn't playing. But when it is (Michael) Carrick, (Darren) Fletcher, (Ryan) Giggs or (Paul) Scholes, nobody could care less.

"I have 23 players. Up front, I must choose between Tevez, (Wayne) Rooney, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Dimitar) Berbatov, Nani, Park Ji-sung, Giggs, Scholes and some youngsters.

"Players like Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo are still progressing. For me, a player reaches maturity at 26-27"

i dont' think tevez has lacked action this season -it's just that he's unsettled and he feels that injustice has been done to him -

very encouraging news for tevez

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I had always think that Sir Alex has always wanted tevez to stay...the only barrier is the price...if both parties can agree with the price than there wont be this kind of speculation.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
If i was Tevez i would be dispointed at the amount of the games he has started this season
he hasnt done enough to start anyway hes not the player he was last season he was our best player at the start of the season but hes just not been a threat since then last year i woulld have bitten your hand off to get him but now i wouldt pay 20 million for him hes not that great for a 30 million striker imo

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
he hasnt done enough to start anyway hes not the player he was last season he was our best player at the start of the season but hes just not been a threat since then last year i woulld have bitten your hand off to get him but now i wouldt pay 20 million for him hes not that great for a 30 million striker imo
lol - last season you would have bitten his hand to get him and this season you wouldn't pay more than 20 million...

how do you know which season shows his true quality ? ;)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
lol - last season you would have bitten his hand to get him and this season you wouldn't pay more than 20 million...

how do you know which season shows his true quality ? ;)
because last season when he picked up the ball he would do something with it not always a goal but play a major part in a great attack this season more often then not he gets the ball takes to much out of it loses it then chases 20 or 30 yards to try get it back(which is great but wouldn't pay 30 million for it when his main job should be putting the ball in the net) also last season most of his goals were vital or came at the right time this season hes got 1(against stoke) hes not the player he was its basically like playing park upfront tbh

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
because last season when he picked up the ball he would do something with it not always a goal but play a major part in a great attack [/COLOR]---how do you know he wont be doing it the next season ? this season more often then not he gets the ball takes to much out of it loses it then chases 20 or 30 yards to try get it back(which is great but wouldn't pay 30 million for it when his main job should be putting the ball in the net) also last season most of his goals were vital or came at the right time this season hes got 1(against stoke) hes not the player he was its basically like playing park upfront tbh

i know all that about last season mate but you basically failed to answer what i asked you mate

was last season the concidence ? did he trick us to believe that he's great with all those goals...were defenders letting him score :p ;)
and this season he's shown his true face

what's the REAL tevez is what i'm asking you

right now you wouldn't pay more than 20 million and last season you would have been glad to splash 30 ..
what if he goes to real and shines like ruud ? would it mean that the last season is the REAL tevez after all and would you be glad to have let him go then

maybe this season is a one off -simply one lousy season because of his situation ;)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i know all that about last season mate but you basically failed to answer what i asked you mate

was last season the concidence ? did he trick us to believe that he's great with all those goals...were defenders letting him score :p ;)
and this season he's shown his true face

what's the REAL tevez is what i'm asking you

right now you wouldn't pay more than 20 million and last season you would have been glad to splash 30 ..
what if he goes to real and shines like ruud ? would it mean that the last season is the REAL tevez after all and would you be glad to have let him go then

maybe this season is a one off -simply one lousy season because of his situation ;)
true but at the end of the day hes our 3rd choice striker and when hes come in this season hes not shoed enough to make me belive that he will ever is place rooney or berba unless they get seriously injured!and i dont think hes the type to sit on the bench!

next season he could be great but i dont think it will be with us -so i think its a case of thanks for the memories carlos and goodluck with your future carear

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
true but at the end of the day hes our 3rd choice striker and when hes come in this season hes not shoed enough to make me belive that he will ever is place rooney or berba unless they get seriously injured!and i dont think hes the type to sit on the bench!

next season he could be great but i dont think it will be with us -so i think its a case of thanks for the memories carlos and goodluck with your future carear
he's already played more than rooney this season :p

but i'm only joking -i know what you mean

i'll put it this way - with the amount of games we play here - there aren't excactly the first 11 ( fergie even said it himself )...so he may get a few less starts than berbatov but i'd rather see his future sorten out and him ready to fight for his place - cos everyone seem to forget that every big team have at least 3 great strikers

fergie even said that he needs to rotate the team so everyone will get games

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
he's already played more than rooney this season :p

but i'm only joking -i know what you mean

i'll put it this way - with the amount of games we play here - there aren't excactly the first 11 ( fergie even said it himself )...so he may get a few less starts than berbatov but i'd rather see his future sorten out and him ready to fight for his place - cos everyone seem to forget that every big team have at least 3 great strikers

fergie even said that he needs to rotate the team so everyone will get games
ya but in this day and age you wont get 3 30 million strikers at 1 club ;) and i think tevez will be gone next season as i belive his future will have been sorted out by now if he was to stay!

its a win win situation whatever happens imo

·
Banned
1,115 Posts

Progressing

"Players like Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo are still progressing. For me, a player reaches maturity at 26-27."

wonder why nani's name isnt there. :rolleyes:
ah well, dont pay attention to me, go on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts