Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about the bet being 20 goals looser shaves head? but just read off a website that there is no such bet and there isnt going to be one this season. fergie said he'd offered Ronaldo a bet that he'd score 35 goals this season but Ronaldo declined therefore theres going to be no debt.

awh.
:mad:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Fergie was asked by a reporter in Asia about a bet with Ronaldo and he jokingly replied that he wanted 35 goals from him.

On MUTV a couple of weeks ago they said the target was 25 goals and the loser would have their head shaved - not sure if that was a joke or not.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I'm sure ive heard the head shaving rumour too! Hopefully the bet is 25, and sir alex has to shave his head for the season after next lol!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Haha, I only heard the 35 goal target Fergie was wanting to set Sir Ronaldo. But he (correctly) declined. Still he will score shitloads hopefully and if so we'll be well set for this seasons title defence.

These bets have fascinated me, I'm wondering how much more it made Ronaldo shoot, or if it affected his performance at all.

·
Banned
836 Posts
I was watching the Manchester United players awards 2007 on MUTV and Fergie did pay up for the Ronaldo bet, I even saw Cristiano with whole wad of cash in his hands saying, "yes he paid me".
Fergie also joking around saying "As a Scotsman, I refuse to pay".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts