Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson says he expects little transfer activity at Manchester United this summer, insisting there are no players he is keen to sign.

"We won't be going for a lot of players," said the 67-year-old Scot, whose side are closing in on a Premier League and Champions League double.

"We have a big squad and I can honestly say there's no one we've identified we want to bring here at the moment.

"We are not looking to add a lot of players to our squad."

This is taken from BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man Utd | Ferguson rules out spending spree

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I thought Fergie would be signing at least 4 players.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Hargreaves and Brown will strengthen us in centre midfield and defence. You can take them as two "new signings".

Do we really need a new winger with Park, Nani, Hargreaves, Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney both do a good job there?

If Tevez is our only signing, I'll be happy.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He said this before he went and spent £16m on Ljajic and Tosic in January so I take it with a pinch of salt to be honest.

But if he meant that he won't be adding in big quantity but in quality then I agree. We only have a couple of positions that need improvement so he'd be silly to make wholesale changes to a successful team.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
"We won't be going for a lot of players," said the 67-year-old Scot, whose side are closing in on a Premier League and Champions League double.
Says it really. There maybe only one or two signings, but there's a chance for a big signing. Especially if Tevez leaves the club.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
we need a left winger or a striker IMO either one or the other or both as if we don't sign anybody that would mean that Rooney would move out to the left to be our best left winger and then we would only have Berba left! i don't think Fergie is going to come out and say yeah were goin to sign X,Y or Z he is just making sure there isint a big commutation and that i think!i belive we will sign either or both Valencia and Benzeema

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This isn't surprising to hear.

I've always said that I don't expect Fergie to spend much this summer.
I think our squad is strong enough and we will have Hargreaves back too.

The only deal I can see taking place is the Tevez deal, if not maybe another Striker?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.