Manchester United Talk banner

Fergie Seems To Be Right Again

1K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  slap u lar 
#1 ·
I remember the start of this season as we took 2 points from the first 9.....

People on here - a lot of people - were crying and moaning the team is rubbish
blah blah blah......

While all this was going on The Arsenal were flying along - unbeaten, playing fast
flowing football and sweeping everyone aside !!!

United got going - eventually !!

5 x 1-0 victories then 4 x 4-0 victories and everything seemed to be fine.

Then it all came to a shuddering halt as we lost to Bolton who, to be honest ,
were pretty crap at that time !!

But when the season is over - and we win the league - this result is going to be
the one that made the difference for us I think.

Fergie stood there for an interview after we self-destructed against Bolton and
declared.........

Quite boldly......

"This is the best squad I have ever had.....

Arsenal WILL drop points !!!"

Some thought he was crazy but not me.

I even held a poll here as to which of his squads was the best.

I still say this squad is and will be the best by far........

We have had months go by without the services of Neville, Scholes, Park,
Hargreaves..........and every one of our first team has had an injury of some
sort......and we're top !!!

Since Fergie made these brave and bold predictions United have been truly
magnificent.......they scare teams now big time.

.............and away from home Arsenal have taken just 7 points from the last 15
available to them !!!!

Soooo many people say this year will be close - everyone is in with a chance etc
etc....

I think we will win the league - I also think we will win it by at least 10 points if not
more !!!

Discuss.........

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't think United will win the league by a huge margin in points but I think Arsenal may find themselves in a fight to maintain second place if they drop more points, especially defeat!

It is interesting to see how they cope with the busy period of games - going by recent results, not to well. Another factor that could well ruin their season is the lack of experience at the top of the Prem. They have spent the past few seasons around 4th/5th place!

#10 ·
red_devils4life said:
In SAF,we trust!
akash_reds said:
SAF is right almost every time(except when he is angry!!!!!!!!!).............

akash_reds said:
i dont think we will win it that easily too............we hav to put up a fight to win it this time...........

mulletsneverdie said:
by ten points is crazy man, im gonna say by goal difference

akash_reds said:
yeah...goal diff maybe.........
Hey this is our beloved team Manchester United we are talking about here !!

We're talking about them winning the league and being CHAMPIONS AGAIN !!!

All these posts are nice introductory lines.....

But come on show some passion - tell us WHY you think like this !!!

WHY did you answer the way you did !!!

I don't know......

The written word seems to have disappeared these days......

"Yeah goal difference...........maybe...................................whatever..........."

#12 ·
Okay,so u wanna know what I really think? Here u go..............

Chelsea - I said all along the second Jose Mourinho went and Avram Grant came in that Chelsea would no longer be a threat and that has been proved, against any decent opposition in the Premiership Chelsea have come unstuck - us, Everton, Arsenal,Aston Villa have all taken points off of them that last season wouldn't of happened. To compound things they've got injuries to key players (Didier Drogba, John Terry & Frank Lampard) suspensions coming up for key players (Ricardo Carvalho, Ashley Cole) and then come January they're going to lose more key players to the African Cup of Nations (Didier Drogba,Michael Essien,John Obi Mikel, Salomon Kalou). They'll actually be lucky if they finish as high as third. My prediction:4th.

Liverpool - No doubt have improved since last season with Steven Gerrard playing in centre midfield and Fernando Torres coming in up front but still lack the match consistency to mount a serious long term challenge not to mention in the big games against the other top 3 teams in the league they often look out of their depth. They play Arsenal next month at The Emirates Stadium where I expect them to get beaten and lose more ground. Having said all that I personally think they'll have enough come May to finish above Chelsea. Like us,they also won't be losing any first team players in their squad for the ACON besides Mohamed Sissoko. Xabi Alonso & Dani Agger will also be back from injuries. Also,Liverpool usually gain more points after the New Year. My prediction :3rd

Arsenal-It really does baffle me as to why so many people are just refusing to take Arsenal seriously still maintaining that Chelsea of all teams are our biggest threat, it's almost as if these people are burying their heads in the sand hoping that the threat of the Gunners will just go away, me on the other hand am worried about them.... very worried. For me there's just far to many similarities between us of last season and Arsenal of this for it just to be coincidental for example. Yes,they may lose Kolo Toure & Emmanuel Eboue for the ACON.(Emmanuel Adebayor is from Togo,& Togo didn't qualify.)Also FFS, Eboue's loss doesn't even affect them at all! Unlike Liverppol & Chelsea,they can spread the goal-scoring load between Cesc Fabreags,Alexander Hleb,Emmanuel Adebayor,RVP & Tomas Rosicky.My prediction: 2nd

Manchester United-At this moment in time I simply can't foresee the reason why we couldn't retain the title. As proved yesterday albeit against Sunderland we've got the squad more than capable of dealing with injuries to key players and still getting the desired results and as has been mentioned before we've got match winners all over the pitch, if it isn't Ronnie's day then it could be Tevez's or Rooney's or Saha's or Giggs' or Scholes' or Nani's(even Rio & Vida can chip in with the goals!). We've literally got goals from all over the pitch and when needed i.e. at Anfield when we're just a goal up our defence can be the best in the world. Somemore, Park Ji-Sung is back. Next,it will be followed by Scholesy & Gazza's return! Then, we won't lose any players at all during the ACON! My prediction: Back-to-back titles again!

Last But Not Least.........GGMU,GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED!!!

#13 ·
carlyluvsunited said:
Some thought he was crazy but not me.
you and about 2 billion others. with a team like we have and the morale around the team we was always going to bounce back and pose a title threat. most united fans expect so much from this club and thats why fans from clubs like tottenham hate us. because we expect to win everything and do even consider failure. so when we hit a bad patch some fans started to get frustrated and bitched about it either at the pub or on a forum. seen it for years. either way their isnt no need to worry when we have SAF at the helm

#15 ·
no team is perfect...everyone loses their respective games and everybody wins their games.........we cannot say united will win all the games.........we'd like to think so but it is not possible........we will lose or we will draw.......thats just universal truth........arsenal can lose,liverpool can lose,chelsea can lose.........any team can lose.........as i said......no team is PERFECT..............

#16 ·
We haven't been firing on all cylinders this season to be honest and there have been some shockingly bad performances from us.

We were embarassed by Bolton Wanderers and some of our football has been very poor, not the United way you could say.

However We battled through those situations and are now back on track and where we belong at the top of the table.

Ronaldo is reproducing the form he was in last season and Rooney is returning to the form he was in before his injury.

Tevez and Rooney have played well together and got the goals.

Saha has done very well when fit and if he stays injury free for the rest of the season he could still be one of the top scorers giving his talent.

Park, a very useful and skilful player is back now and Scholes will be like a new signing when he returns in January.

Fergie saying that "this is the best squad I've had" is a bit bold indeed carly at the moment seeing as some of the key players Anderson, Hargreaves and Tevez are new and have won nothing at United yet.

I think he really does believe it is the most talented squad he has had but they will be forgotten mark my words if they don't "win".

Sure this team as untold potential and youth but until we win the league and hopefully the CL aswell they cannot be considered anywhere near his best squad.

I think we will win the title this year but I have come to the conclusion that we cannot write Arsenal off.
They will not give up their best chance to win the league in years without a fight, Wenger won't let them and the players are strong willed and I believe have the desire.

I think it will be a fight out between United and Arsenal but I think we will win it through experience, both young and old, and of course one Cristiano Ronaldo and one of the strongest defences the league has seen in years.

Hopefully now in the new year we will start playing the United way once again and have a few more 4-0 victories and escape injuries, and we should have an outstanding chance of winning the league.

#18 ·
We will win the league this year by i think about 4 or 5 points! Arsenal will drop points but then so will we (only 1 or 2 i hope), the thing that arsenal have is adebayor who isn't in the ACON, they do lose some key players like eboue, toure and song but other than that they are more or less full strength! So i expect them to give us a run for our money, but then we have a much stronger squad and can still play well without some key players, Where as arsenal lose fabregas they lose the game imho, he is pulling the strings for them and without him they are not the same team. We will hopefully do well in the champions league and dare i say win it this year :)

#19 ·
No way this is the best team ever they haven't won anything yet and to make that claim is silly imho, they have good strength in depth and they might go onto be the best team ever but they haven't done anything yet to show it. Trophies = good and great teams and as of yet a treble from the 98/99 team is a hell of alot better than nothing.

#20 ·
Honestly, I can't say this is the best squad ever. Trophies are nice, but not important. Everyone says "no team is perfect, you can't win every game". Well, the more games you win, the more likely you are to lose "the next one"... in any tournament/knockout style play, you HAVE to go on a streak and win games. If our "destined" game to lose happens to be the finals, where does the team stand: As "the best" squad because of their talent and just bad timing on a bad game, or "good but not the best" because they don't have the shiny objects to stand behind?

#21 ·
All these comparisons involving "Trophies Won" is not right anyway.....

That means EVERY member of the '99 squad is better than every player we have now......

Makes Ronnie look a poor player huh :confused:

I always compare them on their abilities and skill levels.....

And the team we have now when on 100% form would whoop the '99 team easy.

#22 ·
This is not da best squad for sure...United without Keane is just not da same but we have to move on...Anderson is having dream season but we have a long way to go the season has just started in terms of title race..we'll win da premier league but by how many pts depends on our CL route...it is still a 4 horse race even if liverpool lose today to city...Arsenal are da leaders & our toughest challenge..they can get goals from neone in their XI chelsea depend on drogba a little too much but wid injuries African cup they'll drop pts Liverpool rely on torres & gerrad but crouch hardly gets an opportunity Babel is comin through alonso & agger are comin back so they are rite up there it will all come down to da big games if we can get maximum pts out of 9 we'lll be champions

#24 ·
carlyluvsunited said:
Fergie says it is.....

Don't you trust his judgement ;)
Of course it is not his best squad.

They show moments of brilliance perhaps greater flashes of brilliance than any other squad he has had have produced........however....

If they don't win the trophies they will be forgotten.......

and plus this season we have seen that we need our key players.

Fletcher a squad midfielder was obviously not up to it yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.