Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson hopes Liverpool's lack of title-winning experience in recent years will hinder them this season.

The Manchester United boss has led his side to back-to-back Premier League crowns in the last two years, an achievement which has taken his impressive haul to 10 in total.

The Scot believes regularly challenging for silverware will put his side in good stead once again this term, with the Red Devils currently looking to bridge the seven-point gap which separates them from league leaders Liverpool.

With two games in hand that deficit could be cut to just a solitary point, and Ferguson believes nerves could then start to get the better of their Anfield rivals.

"There's no doubt that in the second half of the season they will get nervous," he said.

"With the experience we've got, having won a couple of titles in the past couple of years especially, it helps you. There's no doubt about that.

"They're going into the unknown, and if you make mistakes, then you are punished."

Liverpool have not taken the title since 1990 and would see United equal their record of 18 top-flight crowns should they surrender their lead at the summit this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4753717,00.html

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
to be fair there aren't really many mind games you can play with the scousers......they aint going to win it- full stop.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If we win our games agains wigan and fulham, and remain at least at one point behind liverpool until we have the game agains them at old trafford, it would be very very important to win against them and offer them a morale blow as we did to arsenal last year when we knocked them out of the FA cup with a crashing 4-0. It would be nice to see the same this year with the scousers.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
If we win our games agains wigan and fulham, and remain at least at one point behind liverpool until we have the game agains them at old trafford, it would be very very important to win against them and offer them a morale blow as we did to arsenal last year when we knocked them out of the FA cup with a crashing 4-0. It would be nice to see the same this year with the scousers.
that is very true but i can see us chelsea and liverpool all dropping points before we play them at o.t. its only Jan. March is when it starts to level out

Z

·
0 Posts
Sounds like Fergie is worried. He only starts the mind games with teams he see as a genuine threat.

·
23,699 Posts
-zuco- said:
Sounds like Fergie is worried. He only starts the mind games with teams he see as a genuine threat.
I refuse to think it was to the extent of being "worried" but perhaps concerned, wary, aware, knowing, cautious, testing their resolve, testing their nerves and to see how they react. :p ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
The problem is we already missed an opportunity to knock their morale with a disgraceful performance at anfield where WE looked nervous and they looked hungry. I'll be wanting an "angry" performance in the return.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
-zuco- said:
He only starts the mind games with teams he see as a genuine threat.
True, it's taken me a while to see Liverpool as a genuine threat this season but since they are still top I guess we have to.

I still have my doubts about whether they'll still be in the mix come April/May but Fergie getting under their skin in January certainly won't do any harm.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Fergie isnt worried at all,he's playing the game of football within the game of football....also he's just pointing out whatever other fan apart from the dippers can see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts