Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
let's do this.
1,305 Posts
I thought 4 minutes was more than what should have been given to be honest. I don't think the game stopped as much as it did during the first half.

·
23,699 Posts
The players had 90 minutes to put things right on the pitch.

The manager had more than 90 minutes to plan selection and approach.

Then ample time within 90 minutes to make changes to selection and approach.

So to bitch about a few more minutes is facepalm-worthy.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
He seriously has to stop saying things like this following a defeat. Unless he honestly believes that's the major issue - in which case our problems are worse than I thought.

I admire his "don't give them the satisfaction of me laying into the players" routine - but it's painfully obvious that the issues are surrounding the team, and for him not to even give a nod to that feeds the public perception that he's a paranoid referee hating old git. He has now, to come out and say the performances and the tactics are wrong.

Everyone is laughing at him, and his constant miss aimed diatribes are not only getting old, they are flat out embarrassing.

·
23,699 Posts
Eh? They just had a drink together?

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1217587-ex-referee-poll-backs-manchester-united-boss-ferguson-over-time-keeping-change.html

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll believes Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is right to call for time-keeping to be taken away from match officials.

Writing in the Daily Mail, Poll said: "At the top level of the game, I know a lot of referees would be quite happy to have timekeeping taken over by an official in the stand and, like rugby union and rugby league, a hooter signal to call time, with the game ending at the next natural stop in play. I would go even further.

"As well as introducing an independent timekeeper, we should establish a set amount of time the ball must be in play rather than time elapsed as currently happens.

"The time the ball is in play is recorded in all top-level football and used to compile possession statistics.

"The statistics for Champions League games show the ball is often in play for less than 25 minutes a half.

"Why not forget the 45 minutes each half and replace it with 30 minutes ball-in-play time?"

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
This coupled with the 'Nani is not the type of player to dive' has made Fergie look really with it.
It's embarrassing, because everyone is clearly laughing at him and he's either blind to it, or he's doing it on purpose which is actually quite sad that he's devoting effort to winding the media up (when clearly he needs to be addressing the huge deficiencies in his team)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts