·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A story from The Mirror

Here you go:

Sir Alex Ferguson is notoriously narked by mentions of Manchester United
breakaway club FC United.........

So much so that he dismissively called them 'United FC' during a recent rant.

So expect sparks to fly next week when Fergie appears at a conference titled 'The
Future Of Football'... and shares the bill with FC's top dog Andy Walsh.

* Ferguson is on the afternoon and Walsh is due on in the morning.

Go get them Fergie, lmao.........:D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I have to admit that I'm not that familiar with the F.C. United debacle....

Are they a group who broke away from Manchester United and cut all connections with the club after it was taken over by the Glazers.....???

Are they a football team.....???

Anyone got any information..I would be greatful...

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
red_dec7 said:
last time i said my views on fc i got shouted at so ill leave this alone :D
You can say what you like here young man........within the rules.

If others dont like it they have to live with it.....

If you have an opinion we like to hear it of course......

I upset loads of people but we all survive, lol....no big deal - it's only a forum :)

S

·
0 Posts
Hmmmmm ! Where to start ?? There is so much wrong in that, although the words " A story from the daily mirror " should give everyone the answer.

A story is exactly that.....something made up by someone and not factual.

Sports Minister Gerry Sutcliffe demanded intervention to halt the spiralling cost of Premier League tickets.

Sutcliffe, a United fan, hit the headlines last month, and irked Sir Alex Ferguson when he condemned the cost of admission to Old Trafford and claimed many lifelong fans were being priced out.

Ferguson responded by telling Sutcliffe to go and watch FC United, the Unibond League outfit set up by disgruntled Reds fans in protest both at Malcolm Glazer's controversial takeover and increasing prices.

Sir Alex Ferguson is not notoriously narked by mentions of Manchester United
breakaway club FC United.........as SAF was the one who mentioned them.

Anyone wanting information on FC United, just send a PM and i will provide what you ask for.

K4, a good place to start for you mate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_United

·
Registered
273 Posts
well i think not all of them but alot of them are glory hunters some alot of there fans love fc wich is fine but wat i have a problem with is that when did fc start wen united werent doin that well they went 2 a team were they were in a legaue they shudnt of started off in an were goin to dominate an now wen man utd start winning again there gate attendance has dropped so thats my promblem with them

S

·
0 Posts
red_dec7 said:
well i think not all of them but alot of them are glory hunters some alot of there fans love fc wich is fine but wat i have a problem with is that when did fc start wen united werent doin that well they went 2 a team were they were in a legaue they shudnt of started off in an were goin to dominate an now wen man utd start winning again there gate attendance has dropped so thats my promblem with them
You're entitled to your opinion mate but you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried.

The glory hunters you refer to are long standing reds of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years supporting United. Were there through all the years of no trophies, the time spent in the old second division and it had nothing to do with United not doing very well that they formed FC United.
They didn't go to a team either, they went out and created one.

Why shouldn't FC Unted be in the league they started in ?
They formed a team, asked the FA to join the league and were accepted and put in there.

It's not just FC United whos attendance figures have dropped, most clubs throughout the country are seeing the same, including Manchester United ( yes have a check ).

Have a look at the wikipedia link i posted maybe you'll see some information that might help you understand a bit better.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
red_dec7 said:
I saw these points actually - on the Guardian comments section or somewhere.....

There attendances did make a big, big drop when the title was returning to Old Trafford !

And what do the FC United people say to this......

They claim to be a 'community' club.......

And play in Bury !

Why not go to Trafford FC......right on the door step of Old Trafford in the middle of thier community !

And help to support their community and a club that could do with some support ?

Not my question I admit - I saw this somewhere else - I just wandered if others had views on this....Sal actually as he is the one who deals with FC United.....

FCUM seem to have 50% good publicity........50% bad publicity........

I also heard they have fan trouble too......bit of fighting etc etc.....true or not ?

S

·
0 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I saw these points actually - on the Guardian comments section or somewhere.....

There attendances did make a big, big drop when the title was returning to Old Trafford !

And what do the FC United people say to this......

They claim to be a 'community' club.......

And play in Bury !

Why not go to Trafford FC......right on the door step of Old Trafford in the middle of thier community !

And help to support their community and a club that could do with some support ?

Not my question I admit - I saw this somewhere else - I just wandered if others had views on this....Sal actually as he is the one who deals with FC United.....

FCUM seem to have 50% good publicity........50% bad publicity........

I also heard they have fan trouble too......bit of fighting etc etc.....true or not ?
Will try to answer all your points but not got exact fugures at hand so will give you what i can

Attendaces down 8% on the first season, this is due to two things, people moving away and the fact FCUM had 2 kids free entrance games, 1 students free entrance games and the last game of the season where FCUM recieved the cups etc was a kids free entrance day which attracted a crowd of over 6,000. Which all boosted FCUMs attendance figures for that season.
None of those has happened this season so figures will obviously be lower.

FCUM is a community club, is the area of Bury not a community ?
Not only do they help comunities in Bury, but also Trafford, Salford, Prestwich, Manchester, Stockort, Tameside, Bolton, and just about every area of Greaer Manchester as well. They also Support, sponsor and send funds to The Bhopal Medical Appeal and the Sambhavna Trust, and also The Geoerge Best Foundation.
So how much more of a comminity club can you want ?

How is Trafford FC in the middle of thier community ? As fans come from communities all over the Greater Manchester area, England and other parts of the world just like at Manchester United. So there is no help to support their community and a club that could do with some support as there is no THEIR COMMUNITY or CLUB to support.

As for taking over and supporting any other club ( not just Trafford FC, they had offers from a few clubs and after consideration and members vote..refused them all), do you really think ANY clubs fans would appreciate being taken over by another set of fans, a club that none of FCUM supporters would have any affiliation to, no knowledge of said clubs history, no relationship with said club whatsoever, and more importantly doing one of the main reasons that started FCUM in the first place. The take over of a club.

50% good publicity........50% bad publicity.... no such thing as bad publicity it's all publicity, think pop stars/movie stars. Media attention gets FCUM noticed to a wider audience. In fact SAFs comments on international news programmes and world wide newspapers resulted in the FCUM websites getting more hits and more people joining FCUM forums, people who had never heard of FCUM, well they have now.

Trouble at games ?? Home matches, i think ( dont quote but can find out exactly if you wish ) 4 arrests ( none for fighting ) in two and a half seasons. Away games ther's been certain eliments from areas FCUM have played in that came out the woodwork of the areas, like Stoke mob turned up at a Newcastle Town game, scousers/Merseyside, and Leeds/Yorkshire areas. I only know of 3 FCUM fans arrested at away games, again none for fighting.
You'll find FCUM games are attended by older men, family men, women, children, babies in pushchairs, disabled and blind fans, so not quite the hooligan crowd some people make them out to be.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the FCUM agenda though......

I didn't mean for them to barge in through the front door and say "OK we take
over now"....

I mean go and support another local team - within the community of Manchester
United area without all the hype and clap trap about "We hate Glazer - We are
from United.........blah, blah, blah"

They use the name of United and The Glazers to generate publicity !

They still cling to the coat tails of United because letting go would leave them as
just another Unibond Non-League club......

.......and they don't want that - they are too used to the fame and fortune !!!

With this 'fame' they have raised lots of money !!

So they have an unfair disadvantage in the league they now play in - they
just 'bully' teams out the way 5-0......6-0.....8-0......more glory - but all from the
use of Uniteds name !!

Clubs like Trafford Park.....very close to United ground I assume......have been in
existence for such a long time - struggling by as an amateur team......they were
more deserving of the support from these guys........but FCUM chose the 'glory'
trail !!

They pay Bury 5,000 pounds a WEEK to use their ground !!!

Absolutely outrageous !!

Think of what good that could have done to a non-league club who actually
deserve the money to reward them for their years of struggle !!

I'm sorry but I'm entitled to an opinion as everyone else is - but for me this smells
very strongly of narcissism and self indulgence.......

When they move up a couple of leagues and the novelty has worn off......the
crowds shrink a bit.......the games become a 'challenge' instead of a walk
over........things will be oh so different and as has already happened they will all
come crawling back to Old Trafford expecting to be hailed as 'Heroes' of some
description..........

AG was given a hard time the other night for declaring.......

"I am Israeli born but I support Russia for this game........."

Well for FCUM read:

"I support Manchester United but for now I'll support FCUM".....

Traitors !!!

They have all made thier choices......and the choice was FCUM.......now it's time
they let go of United's coat tails and made a go of it alone......if they can !!

S

·
0 Posts
If any of the points you raised were actually you " own opinions " instead of copy and paste jobs from elsewhere i would bother to answer some of them. But seeing as exactly the same words have been answered, over the last two and a half years, by others, i'll save my energy.

If by me going to United but not paying one penny at Old Trafford makes me, along with lots of others traitors, then so be it.
Or if the fans priced out of going to see United, but can afford FCUM, are classed as traitors, so be it.
If fans that have just had enough of the way ordinary fans are treated and stood up and said " No more " are classed as traitors, then so be it.
If fans not going to OT watch every game on TV, but go and watch another team ( yes including hundreds of clubs formed by fans ) are classed as traitors, then so be it. That would include 99% of Manchester Uniteds fan base as well.
If fans that support two clubs are now traitors, then so be it. But then include nearly everyone on here and every other forum, because just about everyone supports two teams, so they are all traitors.
Including yourself who has now become an Ebbsfleet United supporter recently.

If by being a United supporter for over 40 years, still going to just about every home game and most aways ( work permitting )but also admire and support the idea of FCUM makes someone a traitor in your opinion,then so be it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Your a proud united fan, i am not a fully for fc united as i think they are bad for smaller teams in the area but i can understand why they where formed and the points behind the fans doing what they have done.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SALFORD RED said:
If any of the points you raised were actually you " own
opinions " instead of copy and paste jobs from elsewhere i would bother to
answer some of them. But seeing as exactly the same words have been
answered, over the last two and a half years, by others, i'll same my energy.
If by me going to United but not paying one penny at Old Trafford makes me,
along with lots of others traitors, then so be it.
Or if the fans priced out of going to see United, but can afford FCUM, are classed
as traitors, so be it.
If fans that have just had enough of the way ordinary fans are treated and stood
up and said " No more " are classed as traitors, then so be it.
If fans not going to OT watch every game on TV, but go and watch another team
( yes including hundreds of clubs formed by fans ) are classed as traitors, then so
be it. That would include 99% of Manchester Uniteds fan base as well.
If fans that support two clubs are now traitors, then so be it. But then include
nearly everyone on here and every other forum, because just about everyone
supports two teams, so they are all traitors.
Including yourself who has now become an Ebbsfleet United supporter recently.
If by being a United supporter for over 40 years, still going to just about every
home game and most aways ( work permitting )but also admire and support the
idea of FCUM makes me a traitor in your opinion,then so be it.

This is what bothers me with FCUM......in all debates I have read involving their
fans they have a nasty habit of edging around things......highlighting the parts
they like and cowering away from te bits that are a bit awkward !!

Your answer here - which I appreciate by the way and is well written merely
answers the questions and points raised by 'Red Dec7'......again !!

I still struggle to come to terms with the FCUM rants about "We wont go there
and give our money to The Glazers no way" as they stomp off to make a new
club......but still they attend matches you tell me :eek:

By doing so they 'give money to The Glazers...........errrmmmmm........

Anyway.......nice double answer to Red Dec7 points - what about these though ?

Of course you dont have to answer I understand this.....I am just interested to
learn :)

over now"....

They still cling to the coat tails of United because letting go would leave them as

just 'bully' teams out the way 5-0......6-0.....8-0......more glory - but all from the
use of Uniteds name !!

Clubs like Trafford Park.....very close to United ground I assume......have been in
existence for such a long time - struggling by as an amateur team......they were
trail !!

Absolutely outrageous !!

I'm sorry but I'm entitled to an opinion as everyone else is - but for me this smells

over........things will be oh so different and as has already happened they will all
description..........

Well for FCUM read:

Traitors !!!

They have all made thier choices......and the choice was FCUM.......now it's time
they let go of United's coat tails and made a go of it alone......if they can !!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think you're being a bit harsh on FC United supporters Carly.

I don't agree with what they did but I fully understand their reasons for setting up FC United. People like Glazer (and a number of other Premier League Club owners) have no real love for the club and, in some cases, football in general. They see the club as a business, which it is, but it is also so much more than that.

There are many United fans who still attend games because they love Manchester United but refuse to buy any merchandise or food at the stadium because they don't want to line the Glazers pockets with their money, which is fair enough - different people show their opinion on the Glazer takeover in different ways.

I have no interest in FC United. I never check their results or keep up-to-date on their latest news. However, I do respect the fact that their fans felt so strongly about the Glazer takeover that they decided to do something about it. It may seem too extreme to some, myself included, but fair play to them for having the courage of their convictions and doing it.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Harsh ?

Thorough maybe but not harsh !!

I have doubts as to their reasons for doing what they did and I also have grave reservations as to how they went about doing their business !!

Maybe I find then answers maybe not......

If not I shall go and join thier site and ask them there.........

I'm sure they have nothing to hide......

Not too sure though, lol

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sorry carly thats not really that thorough you haven't really mentioned anything to do with why fc united was formed, and i feel people who have supported the club all there lives some for over 30 or 40 years have every right to be upset that an a new owner is pricing them out of the games and putting united into a mass of debts.

S

·
0 Posts
Not even going to bother replying, just go back to where you copy/pasted the rubbish from and read the answers that are there, you've already seen the replies.

As for .....
I have doubts as to their reasons for doing what they did and I also have grave reservations as to how they went about doing their business !!

Maybe I find then answers maybe not......

If not I shall go and join thier site and ask them there.........

I'm sure they have nothing to hide......

Not too sure though

I'd be interested to know what you are insinuating, especially the highlighted parts.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
At least we're not city fans, apart from the obvious reason, that Thaskin fellow is up to eyes in dirty money and corruption, and wanted for fraud charges in his own country.........
I personally don't think he should be allowed to spend his money in England if he is wanted for fraud investigation.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

over now"....

use of Uniteds name !!

trail !!

Absolutely outrageous !!

description..........

Well for FCUM read:

Traitors !!!

carlyluvsunited obviously has not got a clue about FC United and looks like someone has been going through other forums to try and find arguments just to have a go at FC
Just a pity she did not care to have a look at the answers and replies as there are many forums where she got her questions from that also have the answers

Im sure some other teams fans would be happy had a few thousand United fans just turned up with no affiliation to the club and just taken over
maybe carlyluvsunited does not understand what the word protest means
I know Lets form a protest club and not tell anyone about it

trail !!
Choose the glory trail Watching United winning leagues and European cups etc then watching Non league Yes that really is the glory trail

Trafford Park
Learn to use Google a bit better I think you will find out the the club is Trafford FC who play in the NWCFL and are not struggling and have also done very well out of their games against FC including frendly games

Absolutely outrageous !!
May be we should ask Glazer if we can pay at OT for free
Its wrong that non league clubs dont get the money and its wrong That Bury do get some money make your mind up

description..........
Some will crawl back but I would imagine that as the ST costs go up and and the club takes the piss with ACS etc Im sure others will also be going the other way

If carlyluvsunited wants to try and take the piss out out of many time served reds who have been going to OT for decades and watched the shite football home and away week in week out in the 70s and 80s and who have now been priced out then thats her opinion

People that have watched United for years through thick and thin priced out then called a traitor by some post 96 footie fan JCL

Same old argument all the time it seems that its ok to watch United and any other team as long as its not FC United

Now I wonder where all this has come from as it seems almost word for word that others with their own agenda have used

Or maybe as a Romanian living in South Wales carlyluvsunited should have taken some of her own advice
After all I hear Barry Town are struggling

1 - 20 of 77 Posts