Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 450 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
man management is a tactic im afriad... your refering to tactics in the LITERAL sense, whereas im referring to tactics as a complete approach to success
ps. if you read one of my earlier posts, you will see that i made a metephorical comparison about comparing successful manager A to successful manager B as with comparing bourbons to custard creams... there is no point!
but I'm affraid that's "unrefferable" in that aspect

but I see your point..we're comparing them on the pitch

·
beautiful, dirty, rich...
7,858 Posts
first of all. the tactics we are referring to is the one used on the pitch. not the one you are mentioning.

second, we arent comparing which manager is more successful, we are comparing who is the better tactician( again, the tactics we are referring to is the one used on the pitch.)
oh im sorry... im so very very sorry. 'the tactics WE are reffering too'. what about the tactics I'M reffering too?

the mob rules... im now gonna crawl off pathetically

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
oh im sorry... im so very very sorry. 'the tactics WE are reffering too'. what about the tactics I'M reffering too?

you're completely missing the point...we can argue about the tactics the way you're reffereing to, but we started this conversation by discussing tactics ON the pitch..

the only kind of tactis actually...you're talking about man managment and you can open a thread about it

·
7,858 Posts
mourinho walks into a club with a f*ck off pot of gold and XI galactico's on the pitch... no shit he wins football matches!

fergie on the other hand RUNS a football club from top to bottom, TACTICALLY! he even employs the f*ckin tea lady... and do you know how important a good cup of tea is as a foundation to success???

Fergie runs a £1.2bn international business and has done successfully for over 20yrs!, oh but thats not important... its all about a few corners, and set pieces

chalk and cheese

·
7,858 Posts
you've obviously got beef with fergie CRO... and just for the record, how on earth does anybody know what this thread is about when there isnt even an opening post!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
mourinho walks into a club with a f*ck off pot of gold and XI galactico's on the pitch... no shit he wins football matches!

fergie on the other hand RUNS a football club from top to bottom, TACTICALLY! he even employs the f*ckin tea lady... and do you know how important a good cup of tea is as a foundation to success???

Fergie runs a £1.2bn international business and has done successfully for over 20yrs!, oh but thats not important... its all about a few corners, and set pieces

chalk and cheese
yup, Porto was a club with pot of Gold..do you know why he walks into clubs with pot of gold ? because he can...because the tactics brought him there

besides sometimes it harder to be only a manager then to run the entire club - fergie has no one above him to constantly be on his head and tellying him what to do - Inter, Real and Chelsea are excactly that kinda a clubs

All that you're saying has nothing to do with tactics

here

Association football tactics and skills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where does it say implying a tea lady or running a club - tactics mean formations and leading the match mostly..not leading the club - that's management

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
you've obviously got beef with fergie CRO... and just for the record, how on earth does anybody know what this thread is about when there isnt even an opening post!
an opening post is at Roo's thread..might have saved you some nerves if you had read it

btw, you obviously have beef with understanding....

besides, please tell me what's your point and what do you think my main point is...just to see if you understood anything

·
7,858 Posts
ive got beef with beef brother...

ps. i dont do links, i can think for myself...

pps. im not indianna jones, so why should i go looking for some ancient mythical thread so this thread can make some form of sense?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

yeah the mob rules blahblahblah.

but in the first place you are discussing away from the topic we were discussing about:confused:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

pps. im not indianna jones, so why should i go looking for some ancient mythical thread so this thread can make some form of sense?
well, I doubt it.. :p

just kidding, but you're wrong about tactics

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

because this thread started from there. no one saying you have to be a indianna jones, and of course, the Rooney Thread 2010/2011 suggest it isnt ancient. :rolleyes:

·
7,858 Posts
opinion aside, if you people think for a second im going ANYWHERE NEAR the rooney thread your MAD!!! its f*ckin civil war in there!

ps. fergie is a better 'on field' 'in game' '90min' 'match' tactician than mourinho...

pps. im very right about tactics actually

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
opinion aside, if you people think for a second im going ANYWHERE NEAR the rooney thread your MAD!!! its f*ckin civil war in there!

ps. fergie is a better 'on field' 'in game' '90min' 'match' tactician than mourinho...

lmao
you're very very veeeery wrong there...as it has been proved head to head apart from other things

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

there isnt any debate in the Rooney thread anymore? im guessing you are just plain lazy :p

ps. stats will disagree with that

pps. i dont care whether your tactics is right or wrong, all i know is this thread is about tactics on the pitch.

·
Banned
890 Posts
There are so many incredibly retarded posts in this thread I really don't know where to start. What's worst it's not just coming from one misguided poster, there seems to be a whole breed, which is making me think this whole forum is under the impression that fergie hasn't got a clue what he's doing and mourinho would be better to have in place. This isn't even taking into account that mourinho wouldnt have the luxury of possessing an unlimited transer budget if he was here, where he's been fortunate to of had at nearly everything club he's managed.

PS: I'll be responding to all of the rubbish in due course

·
real name Horris
5,871 Posts
A lot of the original points that were made have been lost which is why this discussion has gone a bit off the rails.

My point was and is that Fergie has never been a great tactician. It's not his main asset. It doesn't make him any less of a manager because his man management and ability to deal with certain situations are second to none.

However, given the team we had in the late nineties/early noughties, we should have done far better in the Champions League than we did. Ferguson will even accept that tactically he was not able to work out how to play in Europe. This is why Queiroz was brought in to help give a continental approach to the Champions League games. So instead of going 5 years without getting past the Quarters/2nd Round we went 3 years in a row getting at least Semi Final places. Regardless of Queiroz not being there during our two final appearances he was still a big part in that he set the ball rolling.

There is far more to winning a Championship than tactics. Ferguson's success is not off the back of an excellent tactical system. 90% of the titles we've won have come off playing a standard 4-4-2 system. Which is why when we have faced managers of tactical prowess in 1 off matches we've struggled.

Benitez is arguably a great tactician. A useless manager, but a great tactician. How many teams come to Old Trafford and win 4-1? In fact, how many teams beat us 3 times in a row? it took him a while to work out the tactic to play but he did it and did us over consecutively. He also guided Houllier's Liverpool team to a Champions League, that was done through good use of tactics (and epic luck) with someone elses team. When it came down to using his own team he created, despite good tactical sense, he failed. Because he's not a good enough manager.

LMourinho's record against Ferguson in one off matches is outstanding, almost on the side of embarrassing. Does no one remember the press conference where Ferguson was asked if the head to head record against his teams worries him?

It takes nothing away from Ferguson's achievements to say he's not great tactically, he's not perfect, but he's as close as you can get and more than makes up for it with other attributes.

Listing titles he's won does not prove he's a good tactician. Tactics are easier to study in one off games. Championships are won in part by beating teams who you don't need to map out a master plan to beat. We don't need good tactics to beat someone like Wigan and OT because with the squad at our disposal we should roll over them even if the players weren't told where to play.

·
7,858 Posts
There are so many incredibly retarded posts in this thread I really don't know where to start. What's worst it's not just coming from one misguided poster, there seems to be a whole breed, which is making me think this whole forum is under the impression that fergie hasn't got a clue what he's doing and mourinho would be better to have in place. This isn't even taking into account that mourinho wouldnt have the luxury of possessing an unlimited transer budget if he was here, where he's been fortunate to of had at nearly everything club he's managed.

PS: I'll respond to all of the rubbish later
of that i have no doubt...

41 - 60 of 450 Posts