Manchester United Talk banner

Fergie wants fourth striker

3K views 61 replies 28 participants last post by  acee7 
#1 ·
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson remains committed to bringing in a new striker.

Ferguson is stepping up his efforts to improve his attacking options before the close of the transfer window.

Tottenham Hotspur ace Dimitar Berbatov has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford, but Ferguson has other options to consider.

Reflecting on the success of his 1999 Treble-winning team, Ferguson admits he is keen to have four experienced front men at his disposal.
Admirable strength

"We are working on bringing in another top striker," Ferguson told United Review.

"Having added strength up front is a situation I really enjoy.

"Ideally I like to operate with four experienced strikers, as we did when we won the Treble, when we had Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

"It was an admirable strength to have when it came to the end of the season and we were competing on three fronts with key games coming at us thick and fast."

But, even if Ferguson is unable to increase the numbers in his squad, he is confident his United team will continue to progress this season.

He added: "If our plans do not come to fruition it is hardly the end of the road.

"We certainly will not be going backwards with the players we already have and in my view we are the boys the others will have to beat."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4000327,00.html

See less See more
#6 ·
Campbell, not good enough, yet?
Dong, only a marketing ploy
Welbeck, too young
Saha, in a wheelchair
Manucho, work permit worries

Only leaves Rooney and Tevez.
If we get Berbs, or even Santa Cruz or Villa, that makes 3 and I'm sure one of the above will be right to play in a game.

#10 ·
Campbell did very well today, but you can expect him to win you a Premier League football match to often as he's a young and in-experienced rough diamond. Im sure he'll be very useful and he played right up front which let Ronney play in his favoured position, fact is when we needed Rooney to step up to the plate he didn't quite do it, as for Campbell he was a constant threat to them, we sorely miss Ronaldo and Tevez naturally but a new out and out striker is badly needed, and he needs to be signed this week !!!

#12 ·
piazza said:
He said he doesn't wanna leave Valencia.
Wasnt that David Silva saying he's not gonna move. David Villa have told he will stay but didnt say a definite NO to move away. But I dont think Villa will come either since he's gonna be very expensive and this is very late at season and Valencia wouldnt want to let him go this close to the start of the season in Spain.

#13 ·
spellbound said:
Wasnt that David Silva saying he's not gonna move. David Villa have told he will stay but didnt say a definite NO to move away. But I dont think Villa will come either since he's gonna be very expensive and this is very late at season and Valencia wouldnt want to let him go this close to the start of the season in Spain.
Silva just said he didn't wanna leave Spain, and if he was moving he'd only go to Barca or Real. Villa is definitely not coming, because like you said, they wouldn't have time to find a replacement.

#16 ·
Yeah me too. He over-shadowed a guy like Torres in the Euro Championship. We've seen what Torres can do for the fools.

But I heard he can be difficult to work with. He was like that already in Zaragoza I heard. Maybe thats why Valencia got him and not the big guns.
He was also one of them against Koeman, eventhough Koeman made some tough decisions when he told the Valencia veterans they were not wanted at the club.

But if Fergie called me tonight asking who to get I'd pick Villa too even if Im no big fan of him but his performence in Euro 08 after a poor season for his Valencia tells he's at the top.

#23 ·
Campbell was great
he was about to score but Given saved it
he got all of his shots on target something which we should appreciate
this player have never played a single full game in the EPL
but he stood strong and was dangerous at times
he need to improve his ball-control and need to learn how to keep the ball with him for a longer time
IMO Campbell is CLASS

#24 ·
abojodeh said:
Campbell was great
he need to improve his ball-control and need to learn how to keep the ball with him for a longer time
IMO Campbell is CLASS
He`s Right..

But we need a striker with experience ..
Like Berbatov.
He`s 27 if im right.
We can use Campbell as the 2nd striker and he`ll substitute Berbatov .
We need 4 strikers .

1. Rooney
  2. Tevez
  3. Campbell
  4. Berbatov (or anyone else. )

#26 ·
abojodeh said:
Campbell was great
IMO Campbell is CLASS
to right abo i dont think we should be writing campbell of to soon hes got somthing to give us he did well today he tryed his hardest and he will get his rewards soon im sure,

i still beleive we will sign a striker but it might not be the world class one we would like but more options is always good

no need to panic fergie will sort it out:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.