Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson hopes the Football Association will change their rules to allow extra punishment to be handed out to players red-carded for serious foul play.

Ferguson fumed as Middlesbrough captain Emanuel Pogatetz lunged recklessly at his midfielder Rodrigo Possebon, a challenge for which he was red-carded.

Pogatetz's challenge came off the back of a similar incident which saw Danny Guthrie of Newcastle dismissed for his challenge on Hull's Craig Fagan.

In both cases there were calls for Pogatetz and Guthrie to have their automatic three-match bans extended - but that is not within the rules laid out by the FA.

But Ferguson wants things changing so that in retrospect, players could be banned for longer than just three-matches.

The Manchester United boss has confirmed that he has taken up with the issue with PFA chief Gordon Taylor and hopes the FA consider change the rule at the end of the season.

"I said to Gordon Taylor of the PFA that I don't think the suspensions are strong enough," he said.

"The FA should consider it at the end of the season and act on it.

"But I don't like doing things in the middle of the season because it looks like a knee-jerk reaction."

- Sky Sports

I think this is true.. our wingers always get man marked and got tackled so
hard.. Remember the UCL final when carvalho tackled cristiano? i thought his legs
was broken. Even when ballack pushes rio infront of our goalie area. Nowadays Refs are blind too!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.