Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson is adamant that Manchester United will only get better this season, insisting his Double-winning squad is yet to fulfill its potential.

United face a tough task matching last term's exploits, having won both the Premier League and Champions League crowns in considerable style.

Many have questioned whether the Red Devils can back up such an emphatic campaign, especially given the doubts over Cristiano Ronaldo's commitment to the club.

The Portuguese winger was instrumental in the Double triumph, scoring 42 goals - one of which came in the European Cup final against Chelsea - to establish himself as United's key attacker.

But the 23-year-old was intent on leaving for Real Madrid this summer before Ferguson talked him into staying put, and question marks remain over his focus.

In any case, Ronaldo will miss the first few months of the season after undergoing ankle surgery, putting pressure on the likes of Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez to step up and fill the void.

But the United boss is confident that his men will supersede last term's achievements, pointing to the overall youth of his squad.

Ferguson said in The Sun: “As I see it, this team is going to get better. They are a year older and that little experience will count.

“They already have quality and their enthusiasm is undimmed so I have every right to feel confident.

“After all, this squad came close to winning the Treble last season. In my view, they are the boys the others will have to beat.

“As I keep stressing, the squad is getting better all the time because, with a few notable exceptions, the bulk of our players haven't reached their peak yet.â€

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
WELL SAF agree with you but we need someone to back up our striker
why draw a match where we can win it

well hope for the best

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Get a striker and we can really think about going for the treble....
nobody ever mentioned that Newcastle played really well against us.
We are fine, we will be great this year:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts