Manchester United Talk banner

Who Has Been Fergie's Best Assistant .. ?

• Archie Knox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Kidd

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Walter Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve McLaren

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Carlos Queiroz

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With rumours that Carlos Queiroz
could be tempted back into
management with Benfica, Fergie
could be in the market for a new
assistant coach come next season.

The position has been filled by some
impressive names in the past
including former legends and
international team coaches but who
do you think has been the best No.
2 that we've had at the club during
Fergie's reign?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I said Carlos.

The main reason is because in my lifetime, its he who has been the assistant for
the last few years when I continued to learn more about United. Also, if it wasn't
for him, Cristiano Ronaldo may not be strutting his stuff at Old Trafford at present.

McClaren was good, but my memory isn't as fresh with his achievements. After all,
I was only seven years of age when we won the Treble:eek:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Did we win the treble with Brian Kidd? If so its got to be him without question.
No, he left in 98 I think. Steve McClaren took over as assistant boss.

I chose Brian Kidd because he was there when United started to dominate England. He played a massive role in bring through the class of '92.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
kiddo for me as he lived and breathed utd . fell out a bit with the boss when he wanted to manage at blackburn and fergie was proved right that he was cut out to be a no 2 only . the fella is one of nicest guys ever to grace the game

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
No, he left in 98 I think. Steve McClaren took over as assistant boss.

I chose Brian Kidd because he was there when United started to dominate England. He played a massive role in bring through the class of '92.
Exactly. And they were the best team we have ever had in my opinion, in my lifetime anyway!!

Brian Kidd for me also.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:
Id also go for Kidd for the above reasons and that he was there at the start when
we first won the Premiership. Who can forget the scenes when he ran onto the
pitch and celebrated after Steve Bruce 2nd goal in the 7th minute :p of injury time
Great man and did so much for the club. While Fergie was the one who let rip on
the players Kidd was always the fun man to have around. He bonded so well
with the younger players, all the players come to think of it.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
kiddo was a very good coach but fergie said he would not make a manager {he failed}, mclaren was also an excellent coach who fergie nudged into management he brought success to boro,then managed his country {failed}.so in my opinion MCLAREN is definatley utds best no2 under fergie.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'd have to go with Mr Kidd. Did a great job and was a great coach for the club. Carlos has done a good job as well but I just have a soft spot for Brian Kidd. Steve McClaren was good for us too, but wasn't there for as long as Kidd

·
Registered
854 Posts
i tink carlos. i love the way people blame him for 4-5-1 in europe but anything positive fergie gets praised. i tink he has more of an influence than people tink. i also hopes he succeeds fergie because they've been together for a while now and hopefully he has learned most of fergie's knowledge about management.

·
Registered
263 Posts
For me Carlos is like Rafa Benitez. He makes a good assistant manager cause he has connections and can make good transfers for the club. he creates bonds with the players who enjoy there role at the club as long as he is there. With his Transfer magic and the gafs exp and tactics. We got a good duo, so i voted for Carlos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts