Manchester United Talk banner

Who Has Been Fergie's Best Assistant .. ?

• Archie Knox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Kidd

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Walter Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve McLaren

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Carlos Queiroz

Votes: 24 58.5%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,454 Posts
i would go with carlos as he has been influencial with bringing players to the club and also look how highly regarded he is that he got the real madrid job.

Kidd is a close 2nd for his work with the youngsters (neville,scholes,giggs) and i feel similar praise will be earned for mcclair as he is doing some excellent work in that department as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kiddo for me like some one above me said he was the number 2 when the glory years came back to united,

and i thought Mclaren was an excellent number 2, but thats what there good at Number 2's

even carlos is a good number 2 but thats it, i mean his reign at madrid was terrible, and all the talk of fergie wanting him to take change when he steps down worries me alot,

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
I voted for Brian Kidd.

He was with the club for 10 years and was part of the backroom team that revived United's fortunes. I think there's a good chance we wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for Kiddo.

If you look at the trophies we won while he was at the club (4 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 League Cup) and he was the Youth Team Coach when Beckham, Scholes, the Nevilles etc came through I believe he played a vital role in United's success.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
i have noticed a few of the post's have selected carlos queiroz simpley because he managed real madrid,surely managing england should rate above the madrid job,{they both failed of course}.by the way im a welshman so i won't make england worldbeaters,but those remarks baffled me ,england should be one of the very top jobs in football,you'll see when they get success,sadly the rest of britain will have to read about it for the next 50 years.:D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.