Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would everyone say is Fergie's best signing? And also best Transfer Bargain, I.E value for money?

Best Signing: Roy Keane

Best Transfer Bargain: Peter Schmeichel

Schmeichel was £530,000 and in 2000 Fergie describled it as the bargain of the century!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Eric Cantona for both category !!!

£1,000,000 and HE made the difference to win the league for first time in 31 years.

All success since then was started by Eric Cantona you know this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Best signing in my opinion would have to be Eric Cantona (£1,000,000)
but the value for money as to be Peter Schmeichel half a million for the best goalkeeper in the world you cant argue

The list does go on though i mean...

Roy Keane
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Jaap Stam
Ole

all great signings and did a great deal at Manchester United.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
I still stick with Eric Cantona no matter what.

He is only player that anyone can compare to The Busby Babes...The best at Old Trafford for the last 50 years easily !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carlyluvsunited said:
I still stick with Eric Cantona no matter what.

He is only player that anyone can compare to The Busby Babes...The best at Old Trafford for the last 50 years easily !!
The last 50 years i would have to Sir Bobby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carlyluvsunited said:
Fergie signed him ? Been there longer than I thought - phewwwwwwwwww :p
You stated that Cantona was the best at O.T in 50 years, And i think it is Sir Bobby, I know Fergie didnt buy him i am just saying that the best in the last 50 Years is Sir Bobby.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
You stated that Cantona was the best at O.T in 50 years, And i think it is Sir Bobby, I know Fergie didnt buy him i am just saying that the best in the last 50 Years is Sir Bobby.
I know..................... I just tease you :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Cantona...Ronaldo....i think...that if Ronaldo will ever leave Man Utd...he will leave for a huge amount of money...so he would be the best signing fergie did;)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I would say best bargain was Solskjær.

Not a bad investment! The goal against Bayern Munich alone gave the club 50 times what they paid for him. Then add all the other goals he scored during his 10 years at the club.

A legend and a unbelievable loyal player, something that seem rare these days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
I wrote this back in May and wasnt bothered writing it out again so here it is: Sorry about the length btw.
He has made lots of great signings and these are the most important ones in my opinion:
Ill start with the Pally/Bruce combination at the back. These guys were the foundation of the team in Fergies early successes. Big characters and big players for us.
Denis Irwin was mr.reliable for united. played over 500 games over 12 years and only cost £650,000. Bargain
Schmeichel is a united legend, arguably the greatest goalkeeper of all time. He only cost half a million which is nothing.
Giggs was obviously a great signing and the way Fergie robbed him from under Citys noses was genius.
In more recent times you cant look much further than rooney and ronny despite costing a lot. They could and should become united legends and are very important to our current team. Vidic is also a great signing. We needed a tough cookie at the back in the Bruce mould, which is exactly what he is.

And finally to his two best ever signings. Im finding it tough to seperate them but I would give second place to Cantona, At 1.2 million he was possibly the greatest bargain of the century. His name still reverberates around Old Trafford ten years on. This guy was a genius. He could make something out of nothing and win you a game in the blink of an eye.He is one of Uniteds best EVER players.

And to Fergies best ever signing. This accolade goes to Roy Keane, Uniteds most successful captain ever, arguably uniteds best captain ever. The way he determindly pushed his team forward and drove them on was the main reason behind uniteds success. When he was out injured for long periods Uniteds form slumped and that says it all. Perhaps not the flashiest or the most skilful player ever but he is up there with Best and Charlton and Man Uniteds best EVER player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz 16 said:
I wrote this back in May and wasnt bothered writing it out again so here it is: Sorry about the length btw.
He has made lots of great signings and these are the most important ones in my opinion:
Ill start with the Pally/Bruce combination at the back. These guys were the foundation of the team in Fergies early successes. Big characters and big players for us.
Denis Irwin was mr.reliable for united. played over 500 games over 12 years and only cost £650,000. Bargain
Schmeichel is a united legend, arguably the greatest goalkeeper of all time. He only cost half a million which is nothing.
Giggs was obviously a great signing and the way Fergie robbed him from under Citys noses was genius.
In more recent times you cant look much further than rooney and ronny despite costing a lot. They could and should become united legends and are very important to our current team. Vidic is also a great signing. We needed a tough cookie at the back in the Bruce mould, which is exactly what he is.

And finally to his two best ever signings. Im finding it tough to seperate them but I would give second place to Cantona, At 1.2 million he was possibly the greatest bargain of the century. His name still reverberates around Old Trafford ten years on. This guy was a genius. He could make something out of nothing and win you a game in the blink of an eye.He is one of Uniteds best EVER players.

And to Fergies best ever signing. This accolade goes to Roy Keane, Uniteds most successful captain ever, arguably uniteds best captain ever. The way he determindly pushed his team forward and drove them on was the main reason behind uniteds success. When he was out injured for long periods Uniteds form slumped and that says it all. Perhaps not the flashiest or the most skilful player ever but he is up there with Best and Charlton and Man Uniteds best EVER player.
**CLAPS** Well said Jazz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Gerrard_08 said:
I would say best bargain was Solskjær.

Not a bad investment! The goal against Bayern Munich alone gave the club 50 times what they paid for him. Then add all the other goals he scored during his 10 years at the club.

A legend and a unbelievable loyal player, something that seem rare these days

Strange to say but I am agreeing with a Liverpool fan! Yep I think Solskjaer is too!
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top