Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Big clubs are going to use homegrown players less and less as the years go by. Tragedy, but that's the pressure that comes with the need for constant success. We simply don't have time for guys like Eckersly.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
[email protected] the eckerlsy line. I dunno why that made me laugh because in all fairness you make a valid point and its serious, but i dunno if its the name or if you meant for it to come across in a tongue in cheek way, but that was kinda hilarious. :cool:

Anyway it was a good read and whether these guys make it at united or not, i think its the best crop of youngsters united have had in a long time. I could see alot of them staying here for another 2 years or more possibly yet because of there promist. Also for those who do not make it at united, we still nurture them in ways that most go on to make a professional living in the game at other clubs, mostly championship level with the odd few playing higher level. This time however with the level of our youth being better than it has for a long time imo, even those who do not make it at united if fergie decides to let some of his youth players leave or if the ones here do not make it, they will go onto make good careers in the premiership or abroad depending on who they are. That just goes to show that united imo are moving in the right direction in terms of youth development because if before united rejects so to speak would go onto carve out championship level careers, alot of the current youth who do not make it here could definately be playing for premier league teams imo if they do dont do it at OT.

pz!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Its the best bunch of youngsters we have had in a long time .. And under Ole they should improve more and more, i have got high expectations because under the surveillance they are they should improve and push for a place in the team.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
The Eckersley line was aimed at the simple fact that in the past we'd probably try and bleed him. He's our 4th (at best) choice at left back right now. We however are experiencing the pressures of being the world's biggest club, and we can't afford to play these X factor guys if we want to compete on all fronts. Whereas in the past, the folk who came through our academy were odds on faves for future spots in the first team these younger guys are either going to have to;

A. Immediately impress

B. GTFO.

Just the sad reality nowadays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts