Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks its that time of year again. As usual at 2pm on Fri, Sir Alex had his prematch interview with the press at Carrington . It was live on MUTV .
He made a very interesting comment about looking for a work permit for Frazer Campbell . So we are probably going to see more of him over the course of the season . Fergie didn't seem too confident of signing a forward , although he did acknowledge we are a bit lightweight in that area.
He said that the club we monitoring a couple of situations but would not say for definite if someone was on the way in . He spoke about the Ronaldo saga and from what I could tell he seemed very confident that Cristiano would stay longer than just next season . He was adamant that most if not all of the blame for the situation lay firmly at the feet of Real.
I dont think Real will be trying any more dirty tricks whilst he is still around . Rooney was back training as of today but wont be fit for the start of the season . That probably means he'll be on the bench for the Newcastle game if Wayne has a say in it. You could tell that Fergie was kind of annoyed with the injury situation but its happened before and we have muddled through so we'll just have to get on with it .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ronaldo maybe staying longer-great news.
Rooney back to training-great news.
I still hope we get Berbatov though.
Along with the da Silva twins getting off to a flyer, its been
a great week in what has been a bad month or so cos of Ron.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Its great.... i think rooney will be in the squad to face the toon!! From what i have seen of campbell he seems lively and can nick a few goals but im with ye on this Berbagod in a utd shirt would be sweet! How long is Nani suspended for??

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I am sure the United board and management team have been looking at strikers all summer. We know, and let's face it that means they know, we need a striker. Unfortunately, real life is not like the football manager games and it can be very difficult to sign the player you are after. I am sure they will keep trying until 31st August.

I can honestly say that I am not surprised that Ronaldo wll be staying this season and that there is a good possibility that he will be staying next season. I understand that, some day, he wants to move to Madrid but, honestly guys, as you get older and wiser you will begin to understand that the media talk an ABSOLUTE LOAD OF RUBBISH.

What should you believe? Which quotes were actually from Ronaldo? Were the United board ever interested in selling? Did Real Madrid actually make a bid?

Questions we may never know the answer to.

When the new season starts and Ronaldo is fit he will be pulling on a red shirt and I, for one, will be supporting him.

COME ON UNITED!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Good point........ i hope he is treated well when he plays.
but i know the utd fans will get behind him again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vinnie Jones said:
Why does Frazer need a work permit, he's from Huddersfield? Did you mean Manucho?
sorry guys I obviously got the players name wrong . with fraizer from huddersfield he blatantly does not need a work permit to work in his own country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts