Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex has striker concernSir Alex Ferguson has conceded that he is concerned by United's dearth of fit and available strikers.

Currently, Carlos Tevez is the Reds' only established striker. Wayne Rooney has been laid low with a virus and Louis Saha is yet to play a part in pre-season for United.

In the last four pre-season matches Sir Alex has used Carlos Tevez with either Ryan Giggs or Fraizer Campbell up front.

Campbell has shown plenty of promise this summer, and indeed last season on loan at Hull City, while Ryan Giggs has experience playing the forward role. But the situation up front remains far from ideal.

"It is a concern," the boss said. "Wayne will probably miss the start of the season and Louis Saha's future is undecided at the moment. It's left us a little short up front."

United failed to score against Juventus on Wednesday, but the Reds have scored 13 goals in eight games in pre-season and Sir Alex remains confident that the goals will come when the title defence kicks off against Newcastle on Sunday 17 August.

He said: "I'm sure we'll find the goals at the start of the season though - our play is good enough."

Source: www.manutd.com

Well sell saha and buy one then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is very worrying. Not panicking YET but I think we should get a striker before the window closes. Preferrably Berbatov/Santa Cruz..we need cover if Rooney or Tevez gets a long term injury, you can't expect to defend a title with only 3 strikers (doubt Campbell is ready yet but he is class) and a "striker" (if Saha stays).

Saha has picked up ANOTHER injury and again it is hampering us! Clubs are not willing to buy him if he is injured. So looks like Saha will spend another season at United..

God save us xD.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Fergie KNOWS what he is doing.

I hope We buy a STRIKER Though.. Maybe he is quietly confident in the young boys? Including Manucho?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
Fergie KNOWS what he is doing.

I hope We buy a STRIKER Though.. Maybe he is quietly confident in the young boys? Including Manucho?
Manucho still cant play for us.

We desperately need a striker, need to get the Cheque book out ASAP, if not Berbatov: Huntellaar or Henry, get it done Fergie!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
we defo need a striker before the newcastle game, imagine tevez gets injured against pompey on sunday. would leave us with only campbell !!!

i reckon fergies changed his mind on berba cos his attitude is shocking, should look at huntelaar or villa??

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
we realy realy need a striker...i think this is what's missing..for now at UTD...Berba...The Hunter...i don't know who would be better...but we sure need one

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
£25m plus Louis Saha to Valencia for Villa !!

or

£30m for Berbatov ... we just need another quality striker desperately !!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
we need a striker who'd be comfortable waiting for his chance and deputise to rooney and tevez - we don't need a star striker.....which reminds me - can fergie do a larsson with fat ronaldo...he could be usefull if he's fit. i heard he'd sign for an english club ...it would be an advanture would it ?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
CROoney said:
we need a striker who'd be comfortable waiting for his chance and deputise to rooney and tevez - we don't need a star striker.....which reminds me - can fergie do a larsson with fat ronaldo...he could be usefull if he's fit. i heard he'd sign for an english club ...it would be an adventure would it ?
im not to sure bout fat ronaldo but i do beleive youve got a good point with having a decent back up striker rather than a world class one although a world class stiker as bck up sounds nice haha im hoping huntelaar seeing as spurs are being idiots over berba hes just not worth the effort but if we get him then i wont be complaning not one bit

·
Registered
3 Posts
wot bout this lad manucho??
will he get his work permit and if he does will he be fit enough 2 play??

i think fergie made a rare mistake when he sold rossi n kept louis haha, shoulda been the other way round.....

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
But Rossi wanted to go and Saha wanted/s to stay.

I agree with CRO in that I don't think a star is needed with already having Rooney and Tevez there, it might be tough to make all three of them work. But if someone were going to make it work, I think Fergie could. Someone like Kalou at Chelsea would be perfect, in my opinion. Someone who can open up defenses, and is not going to sulk when he is dropped from a game or two.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
its not late we can still bid for huntelaar for around 25 millions pound but fergie
say he is happy with his squad and concerning manucho if he get his work permit yes he will be good for us

·
Registered
185 Posts
Relax people. SURELY you must realise by now that SAF knows what he's doing (with the exceptions of Cruyff...Prunier...kleberson etc lol ). Berbatov will be a Utd player by the end of August. Worst case scenario is we sign Huntelaar, Henry etc.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
SlipDigby1892 said:
Relax people. SURELY you must realise by now that SAF knows what he's doing (with the exceptions of Cruyff...Prunier...kleberson etc lol ). Berbatov will be a Utd player by the end of August. Worst case scenario is we sign Huntelaar, Henry etc.
Ah welcome back Mr.Slip. long time no hear ;)
I hope your right about Berbatov...

·
Registered
185 Posts
P.S. Fat Ronaldo to O.T.....???? :eek: :D :D :D
I was at O.T the night he scored 'that' hat trick and we gave him a (totally deserved) standing ovation despite the fact that he had knocked us out of the C.L. At his best he was one of THE GREATEST strikers to have ever played the game.
But now?? well, just look at my avatar.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ah welcome back Mr.Slip. long time no hear ;)
I hope your right about Berbatov...
Hey Jazz. It's good to be back. Time to put the world to rights again!! lol :p
I hope I'm right too!!!! And judging from what I've heard from colleagues/friends etc. The vibe coming out of O.T is that we'll get our man. But you know what the Yids of W.H.Lane are like, They'll hang on for every penny they can get! :D :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It certainly looks bad, and looks as though we need a striker.

But if we get a work permit for Manucho, we'll have the four strikers, the amount thats desired, in Rooney, Tevez, Manucho and Campbell.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The work permit situation is a worry though, if they were confident about getting it done they would of already had it sorted surely ?

I appreciate we dont want to pay over the odds for someone, but for goodness sakes lets go and get someone? We look very solid as usuall but we seem to still be lacking a cutting edge on the evidence of the Juventus game. For me it's something Berbatov would solve instantly.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts