Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Been searching high and low but the only current speculation is on Berbatov and comes from.... The Sun. :(

It is actually anybody's guess now, especially with the tight time constraint.

Just hope there is no nasty surprise with a quick wrap-up like.... Bent. :eek: ;)

piazza said:
I'll play, you don't even have to pay me. Seriously though, go buy Huntelaar.
After such a long silence surrounding Huntelaar, he said something again. Coincidence? ;)

Dutch hot-shot Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3955009,00.html

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
From what i seen of benzema in euro 08 i wasnt that impressed.
he has got a future alright but we have many young lads here that have a future and we prob would give them a chance before we sign him!!
if we are going to sign anyone i think fergie will go for a proven goal scorer!
Santa cruz had a run of matches where he scored 10 gaols in 4games or something, i still have me doubths about him. maybe im wrong!
Villa would be unreal, id love it to happen!
and i would love berbatov.... 20plus goals the last 2seasons, quality!!!
if spurs get arshavin its likely they will need to sell!
this week should be fun in the transfer market

·
Registered
736 Posts
Striker Options Growing

United's lack of options up front may not be long lasting last if Sir Alex Ferguson's plans - which involve a new signing before the transfer deadline - fall into place.

The Reds boss currently has Carlos Tevez as his only regular striker fully fit for the start of the season against Newcastle next weekend.

But it's not all as bad as it looks. Wayne Rooney returned to training on Friday and has an outside chance of making the match, while Louis Saha is on a new fitness programme. Sir Alex also has "three or four" transfer options and has also discussed the possibility of getting a work permit for Manucho.

"We are looking at three or four different options in the striking department which I hope will come to a happy conclusion," said Sir Alex. "Hopefully we will have someone in for the start of the season."

That would certainly enhance United's firepower. However, Sir Alex is also keen to make use of the significant talent already at the club - Saha being a prime example.

"You don't want to give up on people like that just because they have had a few injuries," he said. "When he is fit, Louis is an explosive player who will guarantee 20 goals a season.

"Louis is on a programme at the moment which we feel will get him to 100% fitness. It is more about his confidence in doing this programme which will get him back playing all the time. Hopefully that is the case because he is such a fantastic player."-ManUtd.com

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
You ever heard of Ebbsfleet United? If you're really interested in owning a club/participating in a club, look into it.
Our very own Reddwarf is one of the owners. Im sure we shall here more about
them when the season starts ;)

Back on topic:
3/4 strikers he is looking at?
Berbatov is one, Huntelaar, Benzema, Eto'o, Henry, Villa are probably the others.
Tbh Id be happy with any of the names I mentioned but I still want Berba way ahead of any of them.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Dutch hot-shot Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League.

The Ajax captain has been linked with several English sides, including champions Manchester United, and again showed why he is so coveted with a goal in his side's 3-2 defeat to Arsenal in the Amsterdam Tournament on Friday.

Asked if he thought his future may lie in the Premier League, the player, who moved to Ajax from Heerenveen for £6.2 million in January 2006, told Sky Sports: "I don't know, we'll see."

But the 24-year-old did confirm that he may play abroad in the future, saying: "Of course - everybody wants to play at the highest level.

"I want to play also at the highest level but at this time I am in Ajax so I will see what is happening."

from sky sports

come and get me pley?? i think so

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well since for years i wanted to see this player in man utd shirt fergie he is the right man get him and no doubt he may be the best scorer in pl if he play with our super rooney & tevez i just hope we get him and dont you guy think number 20 will be best for him except zuco lol

the hunter is here

cheeers

G

·
Ritesh MU said:
well since for years i wanted to see this player in man utd shirt fergie he is the right man get him and no doubt he may be the best scorer in pl if he play with our super rooney & tevez i just hope we get him and dont you guy think number 20 will be best for him except zuco lol

the hunter is here

cheeers
Nobody will get Ole's shirt number!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Were blatately trying for berbatov and we may suceed. A mate of mine is on a spurs forum and they have a few peeps on there that are ITK and they have just signed corluka , they have agreed a price with spprting for veloso just terms and stuff to sort out if the player wants to join them. They are also having more productive talks with asharvin again and he's on strike apartently lol. So they may need the money :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
new striker number is not a big issue
huntelaar will not get 20 and no one will
2 . 20 . 11 . 18 should be never allowed to be wore again after the retirement of their owners
the new striker will probably wear 14 or a bigger unused number

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.